Ace Pierson/Peninsula VW photos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ace Pierson/Peninsula VW photos?

Does anybodyhave any photos of the old Ace Pierson building, at 405 Naval Avenue, in Bremerton WA?
    \"Life is short, write in pen\"

Sorry no photos. I am from Bremerton and a friend, of mine who still lives there, who is in his late 80s, told me that there were three different Studebaker dealers. One of whom had the dealership two different times. I took notes but haven't found all of them at this moment. So here is what I have for now. Pop Warren had the dealership in the 20s-38 located in an alley between Montgomery and Callow south of Burwell. Ace Person's Studebaker (mid 40s) dealership was near 9th Ave and Wycoff. Pop Warren again had the Studebaker dealership in Manette (East Bremerton) where he added VW to the dealership. The third owner was Gibson; I don't know were it was located (lost notes) or when he fit into the time-line. Pop Warren took VW to Naval Ave somewhere along the way it became Peninsula Motors, don't know if he took Studebaker to Naval Ave, which was later sold to Paul Zellinsky. If I got this wrong I'll talk to my friend again a get it down again.
    See below for revised info:
    I talked to my old friend at home in Bremerton trying to clear up my notes about Studebaker Dealerships in Bremerton. So here is the amended version; sorry for the prior miss information. Pop Warren had "S" in the 20s till late 30s located in an alley between Montgomery and Callow south of Burwell. Ace Person had "S" just after the war for 3 maybe 4 years near 9th Ave and Wycoff. By the early 50s Sunny Collins had "S" on the 200 block of Washington Ave were the New Delhi Indian Cuisine Restaurant is today. Sunny was gone by the time Edsel came along as Edsel used the location prior to moving to 6th St. Could not confirm that Pop Warren had "S" a second time and the name Collins rather than Gibson is part of this correction (both vodka drinks, you see how I got confused. My friends description of the car business in Bremerton is very twisted with franchises changing hands between the numerous players over the years. I need a score card to keep track.
    Last edited by fatboylust; 10-21-2010, 06:54 PM. Reason: amended info

Comment

Thanks. I appreciate it.

Comment

Some of that info is off a bit. Ace Pierson, later Peninsula VW, is at 4th and Naval. I worked there for several years for Paul Z. The building is now a state liquor store. I'll get up there some day this week and take a few pics. VW was never sold in East Bremerton, but it did start out on Washington Ave., just up from the ferry terminal before they moved to Naval Ave. After 4th and Naval they moved to the newly developed Car Town west of town, which incidentally was spearheaded by VWoA.
        Another dealer was Eddie's Studebaker, located in the 800 block of 6th St. in the early '60s. He was a former Edsel dealer.
        I don't think Pop Warren ever had anything to do with VW sales. I met him once in the mid '60s. He was in an old building at the south end of Wycoff, near the Sportsman Restaurant. That whole area is gone now due to shipyard expansion.
        Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

I've seen the former Eddie's building, I think. It is now called the Kitsap Business Park.

Comment

Working...
          X