Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Cade Museum planned in Gainesville

I don't think we've covered this:
    The Cade Museum for Creativity and Invention is committed to transforming communities by inspiring and empowering future inventors, entrepreneurs, and visionaries. Plan your visit today!

This has indeed been mentioned several times in the last four years.
    I can't wait until the Cade family gets the Studebaker parts set up...
    Jeff
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
      This has indeed been mentioned several times in the last four years.
      I can't wait until the Cade family gets the Studebaker parts set up...
      Jeff
      Really? I've never seen a thread on this! I'll have to do a search. This is wonderful, though I wonder if it would have been better for the Cade family to have simply added a wing to the SNM in South Bend and shared the costs of operation?

Now, is this in Gay-ns-vel Jaw-juh ar Flah-duh?

Edit:

Ohhh... it's not just about Studees.

Edit, Edit:

Oh. It's not about Studebakers at all. In fact, it's not even about cars, especially. Looks like it'll be a lot of fun though. Not another boring walk the asiles, look at the displays type museum. You'll actually get to do something in this museum.
      Last edited by studeclunker; 10-08-2010, 06:50 PM.
      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Well you do have to remember that of the many things Dr. Cade is famous for, EDUCATOR is probably number one! Studebakers also of course, but it seems this Museum will be about Education to help educate future generations, a VERY good thing!
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I posted on this myself over two years ago when the family got there tax exemption status for the project, and again when they first broke ground on the project.
          Maybe they got lost in the software update.
          Anyways, the museum is far along, and is mostly being used for mentoring, promoting advancement in medical and educational causes, and preserving the Cade legacy.
          Studebaker's, while important to us all, were just a hobby to the Cade's. (and I say that with all sincerity and respect).
          I am lucky enough to say I knew Dr. Cade, know his wife, his son and one of his daughters.
          A very, very nice family (especially if you like cats, right Martha?)
          I never heard any of them say they wanted to ship the entire collection up to South Bend, but it probably was discussed from time to time.
          A wing of the new museum was always something talked about, and I do hope to see that happen someday.

Originally posted by studeclunker View Post
          Really? I've never seen a thread on this! I'll have to do a search. This is wonderful, though I wonder if it would have been better for the Cade family to have simply added a wing to the SNM in South Bend and shared the costs of operation?

Now, is this in Gay-ns-vel Jaw-juh ar Flah-duh?

Edit:

Ohhh... it's not just about Studees.

Edit, Edit:

Oh. It's not about Studebakers at all. In fact, it's not even about cars, especially. Looks like it'll be a lot of fun though. Not another boring walk the asiles, look at the displays type museum. You'll actually get to do something in this museum.
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Many years ago, before the SNM had visions of their new location, Dr. Cade told me that he owned a parcel of land at an Interstate exchange in Florida that he was going to build a museum on.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
            X