Filling the "black hole" in the 1/25 56J

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filling the "black hole" in the 1/25 56J

For anybody who hasn't seen my other thread, right now I'm working on a 1/25 scale 56J. There are a lot of ommissions and inaccuracies but I know I'm at the right place to get them fixed! The area just in front of the radiator seems to always show up in photos as a "black hole", see below:

On the resin kit that I'm working from that area pretty much doesn't exist. This is all you get:

In reality there's a lot of sheet metal and shrouding there that can only be seen vaguely. If anybody has some good clear pictures of that area (probably almost any year Hawk would do) please post a few (several different angles?) so I can have some reference as I try to fill the void. Thanks!

By the way, can anybody tell me why my photos display so large? I went to Photobucket and reduced their sizes but they still display the same here.
    Manuel J. Martinez
    Baton Rouge, LA

Originally posted by mr moto View Post
    For anybody who hasn't seen my other thread, right now I'm working on a 1/25 scale 56J. There are a lot of ommissions and inaccuracies but I know I'm at the right place to get them fixed! The area just in front of the radiator seems to always show up in photos as a "black hole", see below:

In reality there's a lot of sheet metal and shrouding there that can only be seen vaguely. If anybody has some good clear pictures of that area (probably almost any year Hawk would do) please post a few (several different angles?) so I can have some reference as I try to fill the void. Thanks!<<<
    I have some pics. of what you refer to as the "Black Hole." They were taken of a 56J several years ago that was said to be "an untouched survivor." I have since double-checked those pics. against the Studebaker Engineering Paint Book (P-5600) and it ISWARNING:

Comment

Go to www.1956goldenhawk.com and download the 'Authenticity Guide'. Frank does a good job of details on a 56J.

Craig

Comment

Thanks, guys! As always, the SDC crowd comes through when you need them. I'll be getting in touch about those photos and checking out the 56 Golden Hawk site as soon as I can get time.
        Manuel J. Martinez
        Baton Rouge, LA

Comment

Working...
        X