Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

49th year reunion Same car, Same gal,....Award winner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 49th year reunion Same car, Same gal,....Award winner!

The 1960 Studebaker hawk my mother bought my senior year in high school was restored this year so I could return and brag about the same gal, same car and asked the question, "What has changed?" Apparently, the sales pitch tilted the voting to my favor as I won the award for the least changed guy in my class. Quite a few remembered the car and appreciated me restoring it for the reunion. It was a lot of fun and the car ran flawlessly. I did loose a headlight on the way home but that was an easy fix. It was over a thousand miles on the rebuilt 289 V8 and we got 21 miles per gallon..

Congratulations!!!!
    Dylan Wills
    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
    1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
    1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
    1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Bill, forty-ninth renunion? Was it one of those combined reunions? Personally, I like those much better. Most of my friends were the Juniors and Sophmores in my Senior year. In fact, I didn't have many friends in my year. Most of them were jerks!

But I degress...

Twenty-one MPG is really something to crow about. Do you have an automatic or manual in that Hawk?

Dylan, what's the story behind the Lark in your sig. line? What is that building behind it?
      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
      X