A great Studebaker Weekend - Ontario Chapter Fall Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A great Studebaker Weekend - Ontario Chapter Fall Tour

The Ontario Chapter Fall Tour just finished. This annual event is very popular, and this years event was no exception.

The weather was supposed to be terrible, but it wasn't and it didn't rain!

Aside from eating, drinking, and enjoying each others company, this year we went to a special apple orchard and grape vineyard, talked to the 3rd generation owner, who was very knowledgeable about all farming matters, and raised two sons who are carrying on the tradition. After that, we went to a wine tasting, where we enjoyed several wines from appetizer wines to dessert wines, all with very interesting snack which complemented the flavours. Then we went to a special private Studebaker, brand X and other paraphenalia collection, then on to a beer factory tour.

PS: The fall colours and scenery was spectacular!

I'm sure there will be pics available soon along with further comments.

Thank you very much to the organizers this year, the Christies.

Paul

Well done, Paul. My car was on the road this week end, too. Put on 100 miles. Going back to the body shop for a couple of tweaks, then I'll drive it for a couple of weeks before saying goodbye for the next few months. I really should join a chapter. DW
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Warrlaw....A bunch of us just went through your back yard on are way to Collingwood, some 16 cars and as Paul has stated a great time was had visiting many interesting places.
      Visit....www.ontariosdc.ca for more
      Bill Foy
      1000 Islands, Ontario
      1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

I missed it! friday after work a good friend rode with me to Lawrence Transmission and picked up my car. Smooth ride up 27 right to Barrie with friend behind in my brand X as back up. Big thrill for me to get it up to highway speeds after a four year nut and bolt resto. Saturday I took it to Orillia and back to Barrie on country roads. Just gorgeous. Sunday I took it to Orillia, again, and took mother for Chinese. The waiter, Sam, thought it was a new car and asked if they are expensive (lol). Well ya! He was born in the 80s. Lots of thumbs and smiles and waves. My foot ligaments are hurting because the throttle linkage has a few gremlins. Just minutes ago I took it up near Orillia to have the body shop do a few little things so I can drive it for a few more weeks while my brand X is getting some attention before winter. Wish I could have been on the tour, but these things take time...lots of time. I'll join the Ontario chapter. Paul has been a true gentleman and an ambassador for the marque/

Comment

Dave: Expensive? After a four year nut and bolt restoration? I hope you told him yes!
          I'm so happy the bugs are worked out and the garage is started. Will the garage be ready for winter? Is there any extra space? (Studebakers love company)

Hey Captain Billy: Those pictures aren't on the site that I could find - yet.

Comment

Some coming today....am I too slow with the photos...or are you too quick with the post? I spent yesterday morning in NY picking up the new pans for the 53 and the afternoon preparing to cut the old ones out. Those photos will follow much later.
            Bill Foy
            1000 Islands, Ontario
            1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

Here's a couple from the tour

Bill Foy
              1000 Islands, Ontario
              1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

Would have liked to have been with all of you, too, but we had baby-sitting duty while our son and his wife were at a friend's wedding.

Our daughter and son-in-law's FIRST anniversary was on tour weekend - and they spent Saturday and over nite in Collingwood at a hotel in the ski village. That's first time she's been back to Collingwood since the chapter had a Stude weekend there in the mid 1980's!! At that time there was a convenience store with a coin-operated "Rocket Ride" near the mountain and the "rocket "used a genuine Studebaker 1950 "nose". We have a picture of Graeme in it.
                Glad a good time was had by all.
                Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
                61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
                Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
                Ride me in a Studebaker"

Comment

Originally posted by STEWDI View Post
                  Would have liked to have been with all of you, too, but we had baby-sitting duty while our son and his wife were at a friend's wedding.

Our daughter and son-in-law's FIRST anniversary was on tour weekend - and they spent Saturday and over nite in Collingwood at a hotel in the ski village. That's first time she's been back to Collingwood since the chapter had a Stude weekend there in the mid 1980's!! At that time there was a convenience store with a coin-operated "Rocket Ride" near the mountain and the "rocket "used a genuine Studebaker 1950 "nose". We have a picture of Graeme in it.
                  Glad a good time was had by all.

Any chance you still have the pic of the rocket ship with the studebaker nose cone? There is a chance this is the one I now own and I've been trying to gather information on it.

Your help elp would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Now that would be cool, if it made it across the border. Maybe post a picture of yours and it could stir up memories?

Comment

Originally posted by warrlaw1 View Post
                      Now that would be cool, if it made it across the border. Maybe post a picture of yours and it could stir up memories?

http://djguy018.webs.com/coolstuff.htm. Here is a link to a page I had it posted on. Side view so you can't see the studebaker nose cone but I imagine everyone on this site knows what they look like. It's the second item down. Sorry but I haven't figured out how to post a pic on this site.

Comment

LOL, Looks like Canadian Pickers might have missed another gem.

Comment

Working...
                        X