1/25 scale 56J under construction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/25 scale 56J under construction

Like it says, I'm working on a 1/25 scale Golden Hawk project right now. This will be brief but if you want to see the process in all the painful detail it can be seen in the Build Threads at the Toy Studebaker forum.

For those who collect toys and models of Studebaker vehicles.-Toy Studebaker Collectors' Club Forum Topics-Joining Information, and Forum Questions.-The Welcome Wagon (a Conestoga wagon, of course!)

This is mostly how it starts out - a resin transkit and an AMT '53 Starliner donor kit.

I'll tackle the 352 Sky Power later using the engine from Revell's 1959 Cadillac kit as a basis. Anyway, after much labor on the unruly resin kit here is the latest trial fit of the front end components.

It's starting to look right but there's plenty more to do. I'll post updates from time to time but keep checking the TSCC site if you want more detail. Thanks!
    Manuel J. Martinez
    Baton Rouge, LA

Where did you find the resin parts? I want to build a 1/25 model of my 61 Hawk. I haven't seen any Hawk parts anyware. Thanks -Jim

Comment

I'd also be interested in purchasing all of the 56J Only parts. I have a '53 kit in the box that I need to build..

Comment

R&R Vacuumcraft makes the Golden Hawk transkit and it's available from Resin Realm for $53.00.

If you want a 'C' body to replace the 'K' body that comes in the AMT kit you can get that from Resin Realm also for $28.00 but you could probably do your own conversion without too much trouble.

Manuel J. Martinez
        Baton Rouge, LA

Comment

You should see the rest of the pictures over on the Toy Studebaker Collectors Club Forum:

For those who collect toys and models of Studebaker vehicles.-Toy Studebaker Collectors' Club Forum Topics-Joining Information, and Forum Questions.-The Welcome Wagon (a Conestoga wagon, of course!)
          Gary Sanders
          Nixa, MO

Comment

Originally posted by Gary1953 View Post
            You should see the rest of the pictures over on the Toy Studebaker Collectors Club Forum:

http://tscc-online.lefora.com/?utm_s...75342-e21a1465
            Gary beat me to it but as he says everyone should check in on this one. Really great build. Steve
            sigpic

Comment

Mr. Moto, could you please email me? mbstude@gmail.com I want to tackle this same project sometime down the road.

Comment

FYI for those that are following the 56J build thread on the Toy Studebaker Collectors Club Forum. The latest progress from this past weekend is posted. Enjoy!
                Manuel J. Martinez
                Baton Rouge, LA

Comment

I only built one model in my whole life, and I think I was 10 (29 A Roadster) Found it very frustrating and few years I later found out it was easier to build the "Real Thing".
                  Been building real cars ever since.
                  I do admire the patience modelers have. Parts were just too small for me, or my fingers were just too big. I also was never good with glue. Guess that is why I don't like fiberglass cars either. If I can't weld it I don't want it.
                  Brian
                  Brian Woods
                  woodysrods@shaw.ca
                  1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

I used to build 1:24 scale models all the time...
                    Now I just tell people I play with scale diorama's and scale models...
                    All 1:1 scale..
                    Jeff

Originally posted by woodysrods View Post
                    I only built one model in my whole life, and I think I was 10 (29 A Roadster) Found it very frustrating and few years I later found out it was easier to build the "Real Thing".
                    <snip>
                    Brian
                    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by mr moto View Post
                      FYI for those that are following the 56J build thread on the Toy Studebaker Collectors Club Forum. The latest progress from this past weekend is posted. Enjoy!
                      Great progress!!!

For others, here is a direct link to the 56J Project:

For those who collect toys and models of Studebaker vehicles.

Looking forward to seeing pics. of the finished product ...and hopefully seeing it here during the 2012 International Meet.

Comment

Once again there has been some progress on the 1/25 56J. This time there's been some resin casting going on.

You can see the whole thing so far on the TSCC forum: http://tinyurl.com/2etqjkr
                        Thanks to everybody for the encouragement! You know, the 2012 International Meet sounds like a cool idea!
                        Last edited by mr moto; 11-02-2010, 10:01 AM.
                        Manuel J. Martinez
                        Baton Rouge, LA

Comment

There's also resin bodies offered in e-bay.

That's where I got the 53/4 2dr. sedan body (that sorta matches my 54 Conestoga) to build the slot drag racer as shown in TW last year.

The reason I say 53/4...is because the guy used the 53 coupe body to build the 54 Conestoga (closed back windows)..

Mike

Comment

Working...
                          X