Is this for real.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this for real.

Well one thing we know, he didn't make it past 2nd. Grade!

1950 studebaker cov for repar or parts has 6 and v8 and sanderd or atuo i sarid to fix but dont have time
    em me at 1-508-xxx-xxxx
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

wow, you get both engines and two transmissions, what a deal! and on the rarest "cov" model no less!

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
        Well one thing we know, he didn't make it past 2nd. Grade!
        How do we "know" that?

Sometimes the seller is an immigrant to whom English is not their first language. Or maybe he's had an illness that affects his writing ability like my dear friend Leonard S. Or maybe they're a non-idiot that just isn't good at writing. None of the above are a crime.

We love ya Rich, and we need your extensive knowledge here; I just don't get being cruel to people, or giving snotty answers to legitimate questions
        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
        Romans 15:13
        Deuteronomy 31:6
        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
          How do we "know" that?

Sometimes the seller is an immigrant to whom English is not their first language. Or maybe he's had an illness that affects his writing ability like my dear friend Leonard S. Or maybe they're a non-idiot that just isn't good at writing. None of the above are a crime.

We love ya Rich, and we need your extensive knowledge here; I just don't get being cruel to people, or giving snotty answers to legitimate questions
          You do have a point. Still if you want to sell something the potential buyer needs to know what it is you are selling.
          Joe Roberts
          '61 R1 Champ
          '65 Cruiser
          Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

That's true, Joe. But it's easy for those of us who have a knack for writing and spelling to forget that maybe, to the author of that ad, the text seems perfectly clear! I always have suggested that folks read back to themselves aloud what they've written before posting, but that doesn't seem to fly.

In any case, the price of this car isn't much. May be useless, or might be a steal. Should be worth a call for bulletnose guys, poor writing or not.
            Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
            Romans 15:13
            Deuteronomy 31:6
            Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
              Still if you want to sell something the potential buyer needs to know what it is you are selling.
              exactly! Not going to get much action from buyers when people don't have a clue what you mean.

Comment

Certainly I agree that persons with those disabilities deserve every consideration.

I have, though, sometimes wondered how they always end up as their organizations' designated envelope-addressers.

Comment

I don't get it, guys. There's a 50 convertible for sale with extra parts for a thousand bucks, how can you go wrong?

Comment

The phone number shows up in a Google search with a name and address. Google map, street view, doesn't show in the driveway, but it might be in the garage.

Comment

Recently, there was another topic/thread here where someone was looking for convertible parts for a '47-'52. This could be an ideal parts car for them.
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                        Recently, there was another topic/thread here where someone was looking for convertible parts for a '47-'52. This could be an ideal parts car for them.
                        Did anyone think that maybe he posted this ad from his sell phone Text lingo is a whole new lagage, Clue EM me at

Comment

I live about 20 minutes from there,I'll try to get ahold of him and go look!
                          Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Joseph R. Zeiger, Can you post pictures .

Comment

I wouldn't be too hard on the seller...he's probably a product of outcome based education.
                              Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Working...
                              X