• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toilet Paper

On eBay, if you're running low:

"It's rough, it's tough, and it doesn't take crap off anyone"

Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Many, many years ago John Brichetto and I were talking about we crazy Studebaker memoribilia collectors. I said to him, "If someone made Studebaker toilet paper, we'd buy it". In a few months, what you picture is what we got. I bought 6 of them! stupak

Comment

I have a roll I bought at the auction in Mooresville, IN this summer

Comment

Originally posted by fstst56 View Post
        I have a roll I bought at the auction in Mooresville, IN this summer
        Did you wipe out their inventory??
        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Unless the actual toilet paper says Studebaker on it , all your getting is a cheap paper with Studebaker printed on it and a cheap roll of toilet paper. Heck of a deal for the inventor, provided he sells any. Maybe he should have put Toyota on it and become a millionaire.
          101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Originally posted by clonelark View Post
            Unless the actual toilet paper says Studebaker on it , all your getting is a cheap paper with Studebaker printed on it and a cheap roll of toilet paper. Heck of a deal for the inventor, provided he sells any. Maybe he should have put Toyota on it and become a millionaire.
            "Oh what a feeling! Toyota."
            KURTRUK
            (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

$20 and reserve not met? I wonder what he thinks it's worth?

Comment

No way. I don't allow Toyotas on my car lot or in my family- and I certainly don't want them operating in that region of my life.

Of course, that might finally be a use for Toyotas- port-o-potties...
                Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                  On eBay, if you're running low:

"It's rough, it's tough, and it doesn't take crap off anyone"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Vinta...item1c15f3dd39
                  The "perfect Christmas gift" for all my Stude friends ... fits all years and models!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stupak View Post
                    Many, many years ago John Brichetto and I were talking about we crazy Studebaker memoribilia collectors. I said to him, "If someone made Studebaker toilet paper, we'd buy it". In a few months, what you picture is what we got. I bought 6 of them! stupak

I have a roll I bought from John Brichetto. I really miss John. He was a great Studebaker fan, very knowledgable, good business man, and above all a gentleman. He had a mind like a "steel trap" and if you merely mentioned needing an engine decal or say...one for an oil filter...a few days later, one would arrive in your mailbox with a little hand written invoice for the item. I always looked forward to seeing what he would "bring next" at the annual "tri-state meet" or southeast zone meets.
                    John Clary
                    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

John C: You are absolutely correct. John Brichetto was a gentlemans gentleman. Never a harsh word and always upbeat, even near the end. Years ago our family had a parts and service display set up at a national meet. John came by, admired the display and asked if we didn't have the wooden 'Studebaker Parts & Service' letters that most dealers had in the parts departments. I replied "no, I had never seen one". Within 3 weeks after arriving back home, a box showed up at our door. I opened it and low and behold, there was a complete ORIGINAL wooden letter set, sent with his compliments. I couldn't believe it! It is a shame that the younger members probably never got to meet him, nor to know his generosity and humor. I will never forget him and I think of him from time to time. stupak

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                        Did you wipe out their inventory??
                        That's a crappy deal...
                        I remember seeing original Studebaker toilet paper in the guard shack at the foundry when I was there last year.
                        Chris Dresbach

Comment

I vaguely remember that someone sold this toilet paper with the Studebaker wrapper in TW back in the 1980's. I thought it was SI, but could be wrong. Haven't seen any in years for sale.

Mark

Comment

That's a refill for a partial flow oil filter! I have one of those, but the paper is much coarser.
                            Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

This is becoming a "crappy" thread.
                              Frank van Doorn
                              Omaha, Ne.
                              1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                              1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                              1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Working...
                              X