Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Membership Recruiting Activites - Chapter Kits

Hi guys:
    Just wanted to give you an update about what is coming to your chapters. Your Board approved trying some new ideas to encourage new members so Tom Curtis and I have put together "Chapter Recruiting Kits" which, we hope, will help all of you introduce prospective members to the joys of Studebakering. Each kit will contain 50 of our new brochure, 40 copies of the Studebaker Story, a new banner that says, "Join Here! Join Now! , two brochure holders and a form to order a banner stand. While we realize that October is probably not the best month to try to recruit new members, since so many chapter big events are over for the year, we wanted to get this into the chapter's hands this year. They are being mailed next week.
    We plan to offer the banners for sale in the SDC STore and hope to have paper posters of our new slogan, "We invented cool!" available next year. I believe the SDC Store will also have some shirts with the new logo.
    I'd apreciate feedback on what you think of the new logo that is on the brochures. It is not meant to replace our long standing wheel logo. Instead, we offer it as an alternative choice. Just another way to show our colors.
    Mimi

Thanks go to the board for doing this to assist the Chapters attract new members Mimi, I'm sure it will help.
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Membership recruiting kits

[/QUOTE]Look forward to having the new brochures to help in the effort to add new members and hopefully to bring some drop outs back. Love the new Logo but glad you are keeping the old one. Nice to have a choice to meet individual opinions and wants. Kudos to all who made this effort a reality

Comment

Originally posted by mimi View Post
        Hi guys:
        Just wanted to give you an update about what is coming to your chapters. Your Board approved trying some new ideas to encourage new members so Tom Curtis and I have put together "Chapter Recruiting Kits" which, we hope, will help all of you introduce prospective members to the joys of Studebakering. Each kit will contain 50 of our new brochure, 40 copies of the Studebaker Story, a new banner that says, "Join Here! Join Now! , two brochure holders and a form to order a banner stand. While we realize that October is probably not the best month to try to recruit new members, since so many chapter big events are over for the year, we wanted to get this into the chapter's hands this year. They are being mailed next week.
        We plan to offer the banners for sale in the SDC STore and hope to have paper posters of our new slogan, "We invented cool!" available next year. I believe the SDC Store will also have some shirts with the new logo.
        I'd apreciate feedback on what you think of the new logo that is on the brochures. It is not meant to replace our long standing wheel logo. Instead, we offer it as an alternative choice. Just another way to show our colors.
        Mimi
        Another step forward to help modernize and rejuvenate the SDC!!!

A word of caution; beware the “new brochures” have the NEW (higher) membership rates published in them, so don’t hand them out and tell a prospective new member they can join for the $19.95 (old) rate. We don’t want to have any disgruntled NEW Members, now do we

Also a heads up to the SDC website and Cornerstone people; need to update your sites to the new membership rates. Still have the old rates posted in places like here:

http://studebakerdriversclub.com/joinsdc.asp
        Last edited by Welcome; 09-25-2010, 11:17 AM.

Comment

New SDC membership rates are effective January 1 2011 as far as I know.
          Frank van Doorn
          Omaha, Ne.
          1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

Also a heads up to the SDC website and Cornerstone people; need to update your sites to the new membership rates. Still have the old rates posted in places like here:

http://studebakerdriversclub.com/joinsdc.asp
            Thanks for the reminder. The SDC web page mentioned has now been updated. Cornerstone will have to update their online membership registration pages.
            sigpic
            Bob Shaw
            Rush City, Minnesota
            1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
            "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

Originally posted by 41 Frank View Post
              New SDC membership rates are effective January 1 2011 as far as I know.
              I wasn't aware of that. I reckon I can change my web page back again if necessary. Our chapter has been handing out the new brochures and they did not specify an effective date for the rates.
              sigpic
              Bob Shaw
              Rush City, Minnesota
              1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
              "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

The Presidents message in this months TW makes mention of the fact that the new rates commence on January 1st 2011 Bob, I just double checked.
                Frank van Doorn
                Omaha, Ne.
                1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

Our club is interested in replacing the wheel Logo on our newsletter with the new Logo. We all really like it and think it has a more up to date feel to it. We are waiting for the artwork to become available to do it.

I hope that is not contrary to the intention of the new logo.
                  Jon Stalnaker
                  Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

New logo

Hi Jon:
                    We are in the process of trademarking the new logo. As soon as we have art work available I'll let everyone know.
                    Mimi

Comment

Originally posted by 41 Frank View Post
                      The Presidents message in this months TW makes mention of the fact that the new rates commence on January 1st 2011.<<<
                      OK, now I'm really confused ...but it wouldn't be the first time!

Remember ...not all SDC Members receive the printed version of Turning Wheels all members!!!

And just for the heck of it (and save a few $$ too) I went and renewed for several more years at the $27.50 p/y rate ...and Cornerstone's site willing accept it.
                      Last edited by Welcome; 09-27-2010, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Mimi, this packet sounds great. To whom within a chapter will it be sent? I know we will put it use in the spring as we attend some multimake car shows and always have folks coming by asking about a "Studebaker Club."

I like the new logo. I guess a lot of us old folks find it hard to change, so I am glad we will not being completely doing away with the old wheel logo.
                        Joe Roberts
                        '61 R1 Champ
                        '65 Cruiser
                        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

For emailing:
                          Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

For sending direct link:

Comment

Recruiting Kits

Mimi, You did not specify in your post, but I assume the new kits will be sent out to each Chapter President, or Secretary or?

Thx.
                            Mark Hayden
                            '66 Commander

Comment

I hope they show up before our Meet this weekend!
                              The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Working...
                              X