Replacement Tail light assembly for 63 Avanti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Tail light assembly for 63 Avanti

My re-chromer lost the tail light assemblies for my 1963 Avanti ( R-2552 ) while
    re doing all my chrome. Any tips on where to find a nice NOS set somewhere?
    Avanti R-1 #2552
    Now set up as an R-3

Reply left on the AOAI site.
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Ya know...we hear about this happening all the time at re-platers. Why is that? Maybe the resident re-platers here on the Forum could tell us why this happens so much in the old car hobby. (Not at their shops, of course...the other guy's shops.)
      KURTRUK
      (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

The only thing that should have been at a chomers would be the trim piece.
        If so, S-I and others have them.
        63 Avanti R1 2788
        1914 Stutz Bearcat
        (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Check the ebay under Avanti ...there are nos Avanti tail light housings for sale

Joe Parsons

Comment

In my ongoing quest for new leads, I'm on the hunt for Avanti taillight assemblies. I've got one excellent (Driver's side) unit, but the Passenger side has been badly repaired, replated, and I cannot get the mounting screws, which have sheared, out without serious fear of breaking the casting. Ebay has been a zero for the past 6 months. Any leads or direction greatly appreciated

Comment

Last year my plater said one of my tail light housings had to many pits in it.
              I bought a nice used one from Meyers Studebaker & then had that plated.

Comment

The weird thing about this is over the years I have heard of MANY of these lost at the platers Tail Light Units, several right here and guess what, EVERY one was an Avanti! There must be a really big underground market for these for big bucks somewhere.

Originally posted by Lenny R2 View Post
                Last year my plater said one of my tail light housings had to many pits in it.
                I bought a nice used one from Meyers Studebaker & then had that plated.
                Yeah great, and what are the chances of one getting them back? Did you Tag these, photo them and clearly describe them ON the Invoice before leaving them? Maybe cut I.D. numbers in them?
                Last edited by StudeRich; 12-31-2012, 02:05 PM.
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I have an Avanti tail lt housing available here.
                  If your plater is losing your pieces, you are using the wrong plater. I do not lose parts when doing plating, but I get many calls from owners whose plater, mechanic, upholsterer, body shop, or mechanic have lost or broken their Stude parts. The calls coming from owners seem to outnumber calls from shops about 3:1, for some reason.
                  I can restore pitted or cracked die cast pieces to perfection, but it can be costly and does not make sense to do unless the piece is hard to find or very expensive.

Comment

Hello fellas
                    Don't mean to come in (first post) like Gangbusters but after 65 years Dad (and I to the lesser Time extent) have closed the lot. He was a Packard dealer 55-..57 ish last years; and had a love affair ( who doesn't) with the Avanti in the early late 60s etc.. He bacame a Fiat dealer in 66 to 82 (pondered taking Avanti II....)
                    ~
                    These Parts, on Ebay are from a box of NOS parts I had in the basement kept for over over 30 ++ years.
                    Dad was (still with us be 88 in March) active in the Western Pa. Packard Clubs etc from their inception etc.
                    Jeannette Pa. 30 mile east of Pittsburgh.
                    Aprreciate a gander of the few parts ( Tail Lamps and Lens) I have running on Ebay this week.
                    Thanks All! and any ? please don't hesitate to PM.

Thanks / Joe
                    here's the link and check other auction.
                    The only Parts ( besides Literature...) I have not listed is Turn Signal front amber and Clear Lens.
                    But I saw the Thread and wanted to Alert to the Taillamps. They're as beautiful as the day they were made.

on ebay at present :

Thanks for welcoming me in
                    I think 200 is a little low for Orig Lamps and Lens.
                    Thank You

Comment

Does your Dad have any 57 Packard parts?
                      sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                      Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                      "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

I can't say that he does.
                        has a bunch of bumper ends and overriders. Most of the Packard stuff is down to literature and books... But I'll gladly triple check when I get over there tomorow.
                        I HAD some Packard items that were sold a good few years back. For example -not an actual part- but the dealer fabric Interiors combination Book. was huge. that got sold. His dealer Ring and Pen Set that got sold.
                        The only Packard he kept (until 1976) the one he loved was a beige 49-50 Super deluxe Convertible beige with red leather. Have pictures of it. he had a Green 53 caribbean Convertible after that (he kept in the Fiat (small) showroom. But it wasn't the Super deluxe.
                        That one's ingrained in me. (I'm 56)

Has the Coromants and Parts service manuals thats about all. besides pictures.

I remember at least two Avanti's he had. I must have been 17-18. Took a Grey one out for the day ; I'll never forget that. And he had a Gold One. The local Doctor would always come by and ask " Joe, How about the Avanti?"
                        "Not for Sale" my dad would always reply back.
                        That Doctors son remembers that story to this day.
                        Packard he had the last years I was just born but theres (55-56) pictures of an off site showroom he had.
                        My Dad was mister Speciality Car in Jeannette many years. First Jag 49. First Avanti etc.

Studebaker was the first car I let a clutch out in. I musta been 14. It was sitting in the second row of used cars, on the gravel.
                        I let that clutch out and threw gravel about 200 Yards! Never for get that.

never had any supercharged ones that I knew of.

then he went into Fiat ( could have been Toyota but his HEART was not into them)
                        We help sell 100,000 Fiats in 1975 in America.
                        You know the problems they had after, But let me tell you, Fiat led to a window that included Lancia and Ferrari and Alfa Romeo.

Thanks all.

Comment

Thanks for the extra watchers Guys! Wish someone would bid (and knock high bidder out- He's tried to buy them making offers- and I say no!) Bid Guys thanks (if you can)

Comment

Yes, that's me. Please cancel my bids if that's how you feel.

Originally posted by JDA View Post
                            Thanks for the extra watchers Guys! Wish someone would bid (and knock high bidder out- He's tried to buy them making offers- and I say no!) Bid Guys thanks (if you can)

Comment

Relist.
                              My fault should have been reserve from the start

~
                              Appreciate it 63redR3
                              for letting me, jump into his thread, and all here at the Stude forum.
                              Last edited by JDA; 02-16-2013, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X