Auto show photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto show photo

Here is a photo, courtesy of the Minnesota Historical Society. They have a nice digital collection of photographs. I wish I had been there.

"Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

It's interesting that just about 1/3 of the stage floor was given to Mercedes-Benz.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

It's interesting that just about 1/3 of the stage floor was given to Mercedes-Benz.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
      1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

I will add some car show photos from my collection.

I am not sure where the first two were.

The next one is in London. Notice the right hand steering.

The next one is in Geneva, Switzerland in March 63.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

I will add some car show photos from my collection.

I am not sure where the first two were.

The next one is in London. Notice the right hand steering.

The next one is in Geneva, Switzerland in March 63.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

Nice ones Leonard!
            "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Nice ones Leonard!

Comment

Great photos! Man wouldn't it be fun to go to an auto show today and see actual differences between makes? They used to call it styling and brand identification.

Studedude1961
                --1963 Cruiser

Comment

Great photos! Man wouldn't it be fun to go to an auto show today and see actual differences between makes? They used to call it styling and brand identification.

Studedude1961
                  --1963 Cruiser

Comment

I just noticed that in the picture of the London car show, the Studebakers are 58 models, but there is a 57 Chevy in the top right hand corner...strange!

Comment

I just noticed that in the picture of the London car show, the Studebakers are 58 models, but there is a 57 Chevy in the top right hand corner...strange!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude

The top photo appears to be a private dealer showing of the '59 cars, as set up on a stage with a catwalk (for the dancing girls?[8D]). It reminds me of the local Ford dealer's private showing of the next year's cars many years ago. It was held almost a week before the actual scheduled introduction time for their preferred customers. It was also in an auditorium, with a stage not unlike the one in the photo.

Craig

Craig

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude

The top photo appears to be a private dealer showing of the '59 cars, as set up on a stage with a catwalk (for the dancing girls?[8D]). It reminds me of the local Ford dealer's private showing of the next year's cars many years ago. It was held almost a week before the actual scheduled introduction time for their preferred customers. It was also in an auditorium, with a stage not unlike the one in the photo.

Craig

Craig

Comment

Working...
                          X