Replacement PCV valve for 170 OHV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement PCV valve for 170 OHV

I'm trying to find a replacement PCV valve for my 62 Lark Wagon with 170 OHV (although the engine appears to possibly be from a 63 truck, 1E28586). The original PCV valve was long gone when I purchased the car in 2008 and replaced with a Fram V100, which I think is a replacement part for 65-66 V8s. Studebaker International and Studebakerparts.com don't appear to have PCV valves when I search their on-line catalogs. I found Nate Nagel's interchange spreadsheet, but the PCV valves listed there (AC part CV633, Carter part PA-8) seem to be unavailable from my local parts stores.

So what are you guys using for a replacement PCV valve? I can get the V100 from my local parts store but if there's something else that you guys are using, I'd like to know about it.

Thanks,
    Chad

The FV100 PCV valve is threaded on one end, so you must be using the '63-'64 style system. Type 'Studebaker 1561327' into a search engine and you'll an original part from an SDC vendor.
    Yes, the FV100 is for '65-'66 models. It might work okay too as long as it flows close to original design specs.
    Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Working...
    X