60 Convertible Interior Stainless Piece Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60 Convertible Interior Stainless Piece Needed

We are restoring a 60 Lark convertible and need this piece of stainless trim to complete the interior:

Our car has a non-original interior and is missing this piece on each door so we will need two pieces. The pieces are about 40 3/8" long by 5/16 to 3/8" wide.

Thanks for any assistance!!

Rob

Did you check with Stude Intl? SASCO had a bunch of that kind of stuff, and SI should have most of it now.
    Skip Lackie

Comment

SI doesn't have it on their web site. I'll give them a call and check.

If not hoping someone out there may have a pair.

Thanks,

Rob

Comment

Thanks Skip!! I checked with SI last week and they were going to check in South Bend. I got a call earlier this week that they had found it and that it would take a couple weeks to get it in and shipped. I was very surprised that it arrived yesterday!!

It's great to have this web site to post needs, Thanks SDC!!

It's great to have folks who frequent here and share their knowledge, Thanks Skip!!

It's wonderful to have a vendor who is willing to supply parts for 50+ year old cars, Thanks Studebaker International and Ed Reynolds!!

Rob
        Laramie, WY

Comment

Glad to be of assistance. I bought a bunch of similar interior stuff from Newman & Altman/SASCO for a 59 Lark a number of years ago. Most of it was NOT in their data base at that time, so I was surprised at how much of it they had. Though I was saddened to see SASCO go out of business and their building earmarked for destruction, I am glad that SI has taken the opportunity to take an accurate inventory of all the SASCO parts. They're paying a lot more rent than SASCO did to store the same parts, so I hope they can make enough off of the "missing" stuff like this to make up the difference.
          Skip Lackie

Comment

Reminder to everyone: Just because it wasn't in the old SASCO catalogue, and it isn't online at Studebaker International's website, doesn't mean that SI/SASCOSI *doesn't* have it. There was quite a lot of stuff that was listed as NLA or not logged in previously, and is is worth an email or a call for them to do a search, as they have found all sorts of stuff when they drained the (dark) swamp. Don't get your hopes up for trailer loads of 53/4 C/K front fenders or Daytona hardtop side trim, or R3 Longblocks, but you never know what they DO have until you ask. And remember, buy early and often.

Comment

Working...
            X