Pertronix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pertronix

Put a Pertronix kit on my truck yesterday, seems to run much better and fires up much quicker. So far I like it, seems like it was way too easy to do, somethings gotta give.
    Had the truck out this evening, took it to work out and when I came out of course I was a bit warmer than the outside temp so when I got in and started moving the windows fogged up right away. Turned on the heater/defroster, lo and behold it worked very well. Better than I thought it would. Flipped on the dome light, lo and behold it was working well too. I fixed both of those this winter so yes it is a surprise to me they work It was nice to finally just drive the truck on a nice cool evening!!

I agree with you on the Petroni set up. I put one in my Champ w/an R1 engine last fall. It runs much better and as you said, starts much easier.
    Joe Roberts
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

I agree with you on the Petroni set up. I put one in my Champ w/an R1 engine last fall. It runs much better and as you said, starts much easier.
      Joe Roberts
      Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser
      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Only prob...they can't seem to find one for the std. 289 in my '64 Hawk. :-(

John

Comment

Only prob...they can't seem to find one for the std. 289 in my '64 Hawk. :-(

John

Comment

What was your source for the Petronix kit? Which of the vendors associated with this forum carry it? I am interested in the near future, and I want to coordinate the change-over with my change to 12V neg.

Las Vegas, NV
            '51 Champion Business Coupe G899965 10G-Q4-1434

Comment

What was your source for the Petronix kit? Which of the vendors associated with this forum carry it? I am interested in the near future, and I want to coordinate the change-over with my change to 12V neg.

Las Vegas, NV

Comment

Fairborn Studebaker stude6@yahoo.com or 937-878-1576

quote:Originally posted by vegas paul

Las Vegas, NV

Comment

Fairborn Studebaker stude6@yahoo.com or 937-878-1576

quote:Originally posted by vegas paul

Las Vegas, NV

Comment

Paul,
                    I got my Pertronix kit from Bill Cathcart: http://cathcartsstudebaker.com/
                    Looks like he has a new website. You won't be able to find the Pertronix kit on there (it's a rebuilt distributor with the new Pertronix parts on it - you'll need to provide a core afterward). However, it's a cool looking new website, where various models of Studebakers come zooming onto the screen. Pretty neat.

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Avacar-hcsdc.gif[/img=left]DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                    The Red-Headed Amazon
                    Deep in the heart of Texas

Paul Simpson
                    "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                    The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

Paul,
                      I got my Pertronix kit from Bill Cathcart: http://cathcartsstudebaker.com/
                      Looks like he has a new website. You won't be able to find the Pertronix kit on there (it's a rebuilt distributor with the new Pertronix parts on it - you'll need to provide a core afterward). However, it's a cool looking new website, where various models of Studebakers come zooming onto the screen. Pretty neat.

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Avacar-hcsdc.gif[/img=left]DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                      The Red-Headed Amazon

Paul Simpson
                      "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                      The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

Another vendor.

Lennart...
                        -63 Avanti R1
                        -61 Champ 6E5 122\"
                        -57 Transtar 3E5/7 112\"
                        -58 Golden Hawk

Comment

Another vendor.

Lennart...
                          -63 Avanti R1
                          -61 Champ 6E5 122\"
                          -57 Transtar 3E5/7 112\"
                          -58 Golden Hawk

Comment

I got mine from Summit Racing - here in two days.

Daddy always said, if yer gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough & I'm one tough sumbitch!
                            -------------------
                            Daddy always said, if yer gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough & I\'m one tough sumbiatch!

Comment

I got mine from Summit Racing - here in two days.

Daddy always said, if yer gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough & I'm one tough sumbitch!
                              -------------------
                              Daddy always said, if yer gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough & I\'m one tough sumbiatch!

Comment

Working...
                              X