Clock's in 1950 Champions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clock's in 1950 Champions?

Now that I have started driving my Champion, I really miss having a clock.
    Did any of the 1950 Champions have clocks?
    I am thinking about putting one in the hole in the area where the "silver bullet" is located just below the odometer.

Any information in this regard would really be appreciated.
    sigpicJimmie
    Orange County, Indiana
    1950 CHAMPION -ORANGE COUNTY, INDIANA

The factory clock did indeed go where the "silver bullet" is. If you want I might know where a NOS one is, but it wouldn't be cheap.

Comment

Thanks for the information! I really do not want to put any more "big" money in the car right now. I am hoping to find a battery operated one that will slide into the hole with a rubber band around it to make it stay put. Right now, I have a volt meter in that spot that just happened to fit snug with the wide rubber band around it .
      sigpicJimmie
      Orange County, Indiana
      1950 CHAMPION -ORANGE COUNTY, INDIANA

Comment

I have one here in stock. Let me know. Roy

Comment

The last one that went thru ebay brought over $200. They are very difficult to find.
          Richard Quinn
          Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Look at that. Twenty 'till four and still not a single mile on the odometer. Must be antemeridian.
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I found my clock at the York swap meet 20 years ago & I had to really really think it over before shelling out the $60 the vendor wanted for it. I never saw another one until the prices shot up like everything else. Now, it seems they pop up fairly regular.
              Mike Sal

Comment

I took the '51 Land Cruiser out for the first time in months today. Had to put a charger on the battery. I think the clock finally drained it. Funny thing about the big Borg Warner clock in that car...the little booklet with the "lifetime" warrantee is still hanging by a string to the back of it.
                John Clary
                Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

If you are willing to wait and search for a while you will find them on Ebay and other places for what seem to be reasonable prices.
                  Many require repair, and that is not a bad thing if you have one that looks good.
                  I think that there are other non-stock options available, to include using a pocket watch, or modifying an old styled alarm clock with a similar diameter bezel if you are looking to do this on the cheap for now so that you can do it right later.

Comment

Working...
                  X