PDA

View Full Version : Studebaker presentation for the Rotary Club

Sdude
09-16-2010, 12:09 PM
Yesterday I was invited to give a presentation at the Rotary Club meeting in town. I displayed both of my Studebakers and had a half hour to share my passion with the group.

I was well received and well fed. Another opportunity to expose folks to the world of Studebakers. I was surprised when I asked for a show of hands of all the people in the audience that had owned a Studebaker. I would have expected more than three hands out of a group that large and that old.

I followed it up with how many people had close relatives that owned a Studebaker. That gave me the response I was looking for. Only the whipper-snappers kept their hands down.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4086/4995881825_d0127396aa_b.jpg

HookedonStudies
09-16-2010, 01:01 PM
Good Job Jon!

I am a Rotarian, its a great organization. Like the SDC it has an aging problem, at least in the US and Canada. In other parts of the world they are growing steadily.

JBOYLE
09-16-2010, 01:24 PM
Good outreach...well done!

Keep showing the flag... :)

Sdude
09-16-2010, 02:10 PM
Good Job Jon!

I am a Rotarian, its a great organization. Like the SDC it has an aging problem, at least in the US and Canada. In other parts of the world they are growing steadily.

It was nice goint to the Rotary meeting as a guest. I didn't have to worry about getting fined...

Lothar
09-16-2010, 02:20 PM
I am currently President of our local Rotary Club and we are always looking for program ideas. I will keep that in mind. Great job Jon!