PDA

View Full Version : Trim hole locations for 55 Regal "C" body Trim

3x2stude
09-15-2010, 10:02 PM
Can someone help me determine the correct location for the mounting holes for 55 Regal trim that surrounds the windows on the side of a "C" body? I am starting with a 61 Hawk body so most of it has no trim. The belt line on the Hawk has the usual pot metal, are the trim holes on the doors in the same spot? How about at the base of the cowl? I have a pair of 56 or earlier doors that had trim around the top of the door so it has holes already, are they in the same place regardless of weather it had pot metal or stainless?

Next, I looked on Studebaker International's web site and they seem to have all the trim clips for the lower side mouldings but show nothing for the window trim. I have more than two sets of the trim but only a small portion of the clips.

Thanks,

Jon Kammer

Jerry Forrester
09-16-2010, 01:07 PM
Can someone help me determine the correct location for the mounting holes for 55 Regal trim that surrounds the windows on the side of a "C" body? I am starting with a 61 Hawk body so most of it has no trim. The belt line on the Hawk has the usual pot metal, are the trim holes on the doors in the same spot? How about at the base of the cowl? I have a pair of 56 or earlier doors that had trim around the top of the door so it has holes already, are they in the same place regardless of weather it had pot metal or stainless?

Next, I looked on Studebaker International's web site and they seem to have all the trim clips for the lower side mouldings but show nothing for the window trim. I have more than two sets of the trim but only a small portion of the clips.

Thanks,

Jon Kammer

The belt line on the cowl on a '55 is stainless, so if you keep the potmetal on the cowl it's not going to match the stainless belt line on the door. The mounting holes for the stainless and pot metal molding clips on the cowl are the same, location and size. The clips (6 required. Part #308504) go onto the stainless molding and nuts secures them to the cowl.
All the belt line moldings and the moldings around the side windows on the '55 'C' are stainless and are unique to the '55 'C' body.
All these clips are fastened to the body and doors with sheet metal screws and the molding snaps onto the clips with the exception of the top of door, connector and front of door. These clips are put into the stainless and screws come from the body side of the door to secure the molding.

Door & rear quarter belt line molding clips. 10 required. Part #308551
Upper door molding connector clips. 2 required. part #308505
Front of door and top of door molding clips. 12 required. Part #308474
Rear side window molding clips (top). 2 required. Part #311276
Rear side window molding clips (vertical). 4 required. Part # 311275

I wont swear these numbers are correct, but I think so.