PDA

View Full Version : Cheap yellow Avanti

JDP
09-14-2010, 03:27 PM
Well, the mechanicals and interior are now fine, but not the paint. Here's a before/after pictures on the interior and the link for the after of the car.

http://www.stude.com/yellow/

unimogjohn
09-14-2010, 03:57 PM
Will be a great start for some Avanti fan. Wish mine had started out like this one. Hope that it goes to a good owner.

PackardV8
09-14-2010, 04:00 PM
Nothing wrong with that car. I once had one like that which sold. I went to the paint store, had them mix a faded color match and load it into a spray can. I fogged the bare patches, took it to a local swap meet and described what was underneath and sold it as was. The average buyer will go along with color matches which aren't perfect way more often than bare primer spots. The buyer drove it for five years before he repainted the car.

The only drawback is you sell on the internet and are scrupulous about describing less-than-perfection.

jclary
09-14-2010, 04:09 PM
I like it. I would even be willing to trade you a cheap lark for it. One thing for sure...it would be the best Avanti I ever owned!:):cool::)

Bob Andrews
09-14-2010, 04:19 PM
Looks good to me John, I'll take it.

starliner62
09-14-2010, 04:37 PM
If I had the cash on hand, it would have been mine. Good luck with it, Bob.

Mike Sal
09-14-2010, 05:04 PM
What kind of price range do you have for this car?
Mike Sal

JDP
09-14-2010, 05:05 PM
Looks good to me John, I'll take it.

I hope it likes you better than it liked N8 and me Since you rae buying your first cheap Avanti, I'll throw in some extra parts to ease the pain. At least most of the money hole was filled by the PO.