Young girls and Studebakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Young girls and Studebakers

Or should I say, just different looking cars.

I went to my local "In and Out" (burgers) the other day....got my normal order. The guy handing me my food asked if I wanted sugar for my iced tea. I said yes, 16 please (yea...tea with my sugar..!) He handed them to me...already counted out...!
    A girl standing beside him said...."see, I told you, I recognized the car !".

I had to laugh...

Mike

P.s. - My 59, 2dr wagon is my daily driver.

It is nice to be noticed by the cool car you drive.
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Get out of the south and they don't know what sweet tea is...

Originally posted by Mike Van Veghten View Post
      Or should I say, just different looking cars.
      I went to my local "In and Out" (burgers) the other day....got my normal order. The guy handing me my food asked if I wanted sugar for my iced tea. I said yes, 16 please (yea...tea with my sugar..!) He handed them to me...already counted out...!
      A girl standing beside him said...."see, I told you, I recognized the car !".
      I had to laugh...
      Mike
      P.s. - My 59, 2dr wagon is my daily driver.
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

16 sugars? Are you a diabetic yet?
        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Not funny.
          '53 Commander
          Art Morrison chassis
          LS6 ASA/4L60E

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
            ....and thus the need for excess sugar in unsweetened tea, espeically if it is cold. If the sugar is not put in while the tea is boiling, or close to it, it will not properly disolve (Yes it is a molecular thing. At least that is what my son said he learned in chemestry class.). As a result to make tea sweet when adding it after the tea has been made and cooled, you end up putting more sugar than seems needed just to make it taste somewhat sweet.

I hardly ever drink tea anymore, and never will order it north of Richmond, VA. or west of Memphis, TN.
            Joe Roberts
            '61 R1 Champ
            '65 Cruiser
            Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
              Unless it's chai

No sugar in my iced tea, thank you. You can squeeze half a lemon in it, though.

Terry

Comment

I do not profane my tea with sugar.
                The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
                  ....and thus the need for excess sugar in unsweetened tea, espeically if it is cold. If the sugar is not put in while the tea is boiling, or close to it, it will not properly disolve (Yes it is a molecular thing. At least that is what my son said he learned in chemestry class.). As a result to make tea sweet when adding it after the tea has been made and cooled, you end up putting more sugar than seems needed just to make it taste somewhat sweet.

I hardly ever drink tea anymore, and never will order it north of Richmond, VA. or west of Memphis, TN.
                  Same way with GRITS. You gotta put the salt in while they are cooking. NT
                  Neil Thornton

Comment

What is truly wierd is that I like grits with butter and 'sugar free' syrup....
                    I know it's all wrong, but......
                    Jeff

Originally posted by rockinhawk View Post
                    Same way with GRITS. You gotta put the salt in while they are cooking. NT
                    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I'm talken girls & Studebakers, and you nut cases want to talk sugar/diabeties.......this sure went to hell, didn't it..!

I knew I backed off this Stude internet stuff for some reason.

Mike

P.s. - And no, for those with their concern...I don't have diabeties...!

Comment

Mike, to relate to your original story, I received a compliment from a cute young lady attending the Dairy Queen drive-thru last summer when I was driving my Hawk. It was certainly a pleasant surprise.
                        sigpic
                        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
                          Mike, to relate to your original story, I received a compliment from a cute young lady attending the Dairy Queen drive-thru last summer when I was driving my Hawk. It was certainly a pleasant surprise.
                          I know this really cute girl that works at the SNM you should show it to. The Hawk, that is<GG>
                          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                          Romans 15:13
                          Deuteronomy 31:6
                          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                            I know this really cute girl that works at the SNM you should show it to. The Hawk, that is<GG>
                            "Giggity giggity!"
                            sigpic
                            In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I better be careful then because I'm married!!
                              As for the tea - we drink chai around here. My wife is a foreigner so we do things differently Tak děkuji!!

Comment

Working...
                              X