PDA

View Full Version : Correct Distributor Paint Color?

HammondA100
09-13-2010, 02:22 PM
On a 57 Silver Hawk I am using the Turquoise paint for the engine (Same as Pontiac blue) and somewhere I saw for the Silver Hawk the correct paint for the valve covers w/ the Turquoise engine was silver (really??) but would the distributor also be silver or engine color or did Studebaker just attach with delco's black?
This one is currently painted 55 green.

StudeRich
09-13-2010, 02:32 PM
The '55 Engine Paint is Dark BLUE, the '57 Turquoise is GREEN, not Pontiac Blue, the Distributors on all Studebakers are Black, sometimes with some engine paint over-spray at the bottom.

HammondA100
09-13-2010, 03:17 PM
The '55 Engine Paint is Dark BLUE, the '57 Turquoise is GREEN, not Pontiac Blue, the Distributors on all Studebakers are Black, sometimes with some engine paint over-spray at the bottom.

Ahhh! I wish I talked to you sooner..

After talking to a vendor just now on the Turquoise part, I have to agree with you. Although I should have bought my "Turquoise" from this Phoenix vendor which is more green than blue, I did buy the same Turquoise part # from SI which has more of a blue hue. Studebaker Parts says not to worry about it as there were variations in these colors and quite possibly there is no absolute in this.. Oh well I have a more blue engine now but it sure looks pretty. The reason I said Pontiac Blue was when I grabbed a can to match my Turquoise I got from SI, it was spot on the same color. Just didn't have the same hardner added.

On a side note that paint from SI is of the highest quality. Went on the POR15 well and is very durable. Well worth the price.