Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This 57 President Sedan needs a home.

Hello Fellas,

Well I have a 57 Studebaker President sedan that I think I wont be needing anymore parts from and is full of goodies in the trunk and inside the car. I hate having to junk it even though I can get like $200-$300 as scrapt.I dont want to put a price but complementary tips are accepted.I know somebody out there can restore it and it can be another forum members car. I wont get rid of it for another month or two maybe. I dont have a tittle. The car is missing the drivetrain,steering, and the hood. Whoever picks it up would need to do me a favor and take the rear stabilizer bars off because I had promise JimJim (forum member) I would give it to him. Im located in Miami, FL. Please help me find a home for this car.

Last edited by Yanqui84@gmail.com; 09-13-2010, 10:02 AM.
    1957 Studebaker President Sedan 57H-W6 2606

So nobody interested in saving this car? I dont want to junk it.

Comment

I can't imagine this car ever being back on the road, but there are still a lot of good parts there; glass, trim, roll up antenna, radio, etc.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I would part it out and then scrap it. There are many usable parts as Gary said: roll-up Antenna, Push Button Delco/Studebaker Radio, horn ring, stainless steel body and window surround mouldings, a model 44 Axle, short tail Flight-O-Matic Trans. 4 early 5 inch wide Rims (one with nice paint) excellent parts car. The parts should bring 200.00 or more and the remains about the same.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I agree, you should at least take some parts if it does not sell whole. There are 4 screws to remove the door handles, I'd buy those if they are not dented! I'd buy the moulding below the back window for Biggs. Where is he?

Comment

Originally posted by Yanqui84@gmail.com View Post
            Whoever picks it up would need to do me a favor and take the rear stabilizer bars off because I had promise JimJim (forum member) I would give it to him. Im located in Miami, FL.
            I have bumped this for two reasons~
            1. to move it to the top for you
            2. to inform you of something

For whatever reason, as I was poking around in my parts book today, I remembered this post. The book confirmed a thought I had when I first read your quote above. Unless it was added later in life- a 'Vice President' (W-body) shouldn't have a stabilizer bar. They were only installed in Y-bodies in 1957.

As much as I'd love to have this to part out--
            I think it'd be a bit far to ship. Sorry.
            StudeDave '57
            US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
            SDC Member since 1985

past President
            Whatcom County Chapter SDC
            San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
            San Diego Chapter SDC
            North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

don't forget the leaf spring plate it bolts to.

Comment

Originally posted by (S) View Post
                don't forget the leaf spring plate it bolts to.
                Yes- those are worth saving for use with a bar from a Y body.
                (or the bigger re-pop that is available new)

StudeDave '57
                StudeDave '57
                US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                SDC Member since 1985

past President
                Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                San Diego Chapter SDC
                North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

actually both my 56J and '55 coupe had the tabs for the sway bar from the factory even though they were not so equipped... it was only later that there were two different spring plates. not sure when that change occurred.

nate
                  --
                  55 Commander Starlight
                  http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

Alot of 51-57's have the bracket even though only the long wheel bases used the sway bar. They changed the rear X member and how the shocks go on. The shocks are different too, the lower shock mounting bolt had to get changed from a through bolt and spacer to just a treaded stud. / shock length and geometry was the reason. they moved the leaf spring 'center' ever so slightly for a better ride changing the distance of shock length.

This '57 he has does have alot of good parts, I hope they get saved.

Comment

windshield

I have to check on it but if that windshield fits the 58 President 2 door hard top I'll buy it from you.
                      Jim Rostron

Comment

Originally posted by mnmfive View Post
                        I have to check on it but if that windshield fits the 58 President 2 door hard top I'll buy it from you.
                        Just let me know what you guys might need from this car before I junk it. I really dont have the time and space to part it out and store them as I already have too many projects at the same time ( 67 deville convertible, 86 buick grand national, and my 57 studebaker president sedan).

Comment

Working...
                        X