Harm Arnold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harm Arnold

I read on the "Obituaries" part of the forum, about the recent passing of Harm Arnold.

It seems that I recall his name from TW articles about the Hamilton operation after the closure of South Bend. I was surprised to see in his obit that he was from the South Bend area and had a good number of years with Studebaker. Is he one of the few folks who actually transferred from South Bend to Hamilton after the South Bend shutdown?
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

For some reason, I am unable to edit my earlier post. I always thought Harm Arnold was a native Canadian.
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

Comment

Harm Arnold lived in SW MO at one time and was a guest speaker at an Ozark Trails meeting once back in the mid '70's.
      He spoke about the time he was in Austraila trying to build up support for Studebaker when the word about shutting down was announced.
      Gary Sanders
      Nixa, MO

Comment

Originally posted by Gary1953 View Post
        Harm Arnold lived in SW MO at one time and was a guest speaker at an Ozark Trails meeting once back in the mid '70's.
        He spoke about the time he was in Austraila trying to build up support for Studebaker when the word about shutting down was announced.
        Yes Gary, Harm Arnold did live in MO at some stage as I spoke to him on the phone on one of my SDC Meet visit in the mid eighties. I had previously met him at Canada Cycle & Motor Co in Melbourne in 1963 & have a great photo of him in Studebaker's Administration Lobby in Oct 1959. Jim.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
        MELBOURNE.

Comment

There is an article by Harm in the July 1985 TW.
          Gary Sanders
          Nixa, MO

Comment

Working...
          X