Studebaker Shop Coat. (update)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Shop Coat. (update)

Just reading the July TW (way behind on my reading) and saw the ultra-cool Stude shop coat that Matthew Burnette was wearing at the SB swap meet. What kind of interest is there in getting these coats produced and sold through the SDC club store? I'm a middle-school shop teacher and would really like to wear one in my shop...would really promote the Studebaker cause. How do you other Stude-philes feel about purchasing one??? Just wondering. Junior
    Last edited by junior; 10-10-2010, 07:08 AM.
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

The original 1950 coat that I wore throughout the weekend is very high quality, and very comfortable. If they could be remade to be as nice as the original, I'd buy one.

Comment

Did the design of these shop coats vary in design throughout the years from 1950 to 1966? Just curious.
      sigpic
      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Yes, I'd be interested in a Studebaker shop coat. As long as the price is right. I do know that a Ford person can by a Ford shop coat for $89.
        Rog
        '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
        Smithtown,NY
        Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

I haven't seen an original but I suspect they were a herringbone white cotton. Would not be cheap to reproduce. I'm sure quality productions would have some market.
          Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Does anyone have a pic so we can see what they look like?

Comment

Second photo by Richard Quinn.

Last edited by mbstude; 09-11-2010, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Speak of the devil...here is one, bit different.
                Last edited by Jim B PEI; 09-12-2010, 03:45 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

That coat currently on Ebay shows the later Erskine lapel cloth badge from around 1930 / 1931 which tends to date the vintage of the coat. Maybe a good Ebay bid?

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
                  MELBOURNE.

Comment

I'd add my name to the list of those who would buy one... as long as the reproduction is priced reasonably - please let us know what you find out.

Comment

are you going to have multiple sizes made or one size fits all?

Comment

I would buy one...

Comment

Originally posted by 58PackardWagon View Post
                          are you going to have multiple sizes made or one size fits all?
                          I am only wanting to know who would want to buy a shop coat if they were to be produced. If enough people showed an interest, I would first contact the SDC club store to see if they would take on the task of marketing the coats, and if they weren't, then perhaps SI would. I would imagine at least a few sizes would have to be offered as it is doubtful 'one size' would fit all. I think they are cool, and would love to support whoever is willing to take on the task of producing/marketing them....as for me...well I find it difficult to even find the time to work on my own Stude, although this morning (6am) 31degreesF and no heater I had a real good 50 mile drive in the Stude...very refreshing for the soul. Junior
                          sigpic
                          1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

The shop coat used by the Museum where they have a display depicting the "body drop" for the '37 assembly, has blue accents and not the red like the one Matt is wearing. I wonder what different colors and styles were available through the years.

If you do a "one size fits all"...I suppose the average size person could have a "coat"...the larger folks would have to consider it a "shop jacket"...but the small people would have to look at it as a "shop snuggie!"
                            John Clary
                            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

and now there are these:

Comment

Working...
                              X