Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Club member in rally day 2 of 37 peking to paris.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Club member in rally day 2 of 37 peking to paris.

I thought you members might enjoy following the progress of SDC and ASC members running the Peking to Paris endurance run. Go to pekingparis.co.za and click on the skytag link and you can follow them across the contient.You can read the details at pekingparis.com. Peter and Detlev are from South Africa and are driving a 29 President Victoria that I did the preperation work on in Michigan. They came to the Lancaster national meet looking for the right car to run and had it ready to drive to the Cedar Rapids meet.

I forgot to mention they are in car 50. If you click on the monitoring box and always in sight boxes on the skytag link the screen will follow them and give the speed.

Comment

Comment

Wow, very cool! I though I'd like to do it someday. Anyone want to team up?? I would go with a bit newer car though. Stude, of course.
        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
        Romans 15:13
        Deuteronomy 31:6
        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

The only Studebaker I was able to find running in the race is #050, 1929 Studebaker President FH. 13619 km left, 35 days left

The correct url's for the US are:
          SKYTAG <www.skytag-gps.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=119%3Ap2p&catid=14%3Abanner-cat&Itemid=1>
          LIVE TRACK <http://livetrack.skytag-gps.co.uk/service.html>
          Steve

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!

53 Commander Hardtop, A/T, P/S
          55 Commander Conestoga
          60 Lark Regal Convertible, A/T
          59 Lark 4 Door Parts Car
          62 Champ 7E7, A/T
          49 2R15 Stakebed

Comment

Very cool, Rex. Thanks for the post. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
            X