Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time difference...Australia-U.S.

Got me curious???
    Just wondering why the post I replied to a short while ago comes up at 8 hours behind,whereas the U.S. time zones are usually 12 to 16 hours behind. New York etc. is usually 12 hours behind and Ca. is generally 16 hours behind.
    It's nearly 10 p.m. here,but the post I replied to about 30 minutes ago comes up at about 1.30 p.m.
    Is the Forum set up to show different times???
    A.C.Moisley

Go to settings at the top of the page, click on it, then find my account on the left side, click on general settings and scroll down to date & time zone options to set your time zone correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by barnlark View Post
      Go to settings at the top of the page, click on it, then find my account on the left side, click on general settings and scroll down to date & time zone options to set your time zone correctly.
      Unless you set your local time, all posts will be GMT.
      Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
      '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Got it!
        I'm so used to thinking in U.S. time that it wasn't making sense other than which U.S. time would I choose??? and that wouldn't make sense either due to the range of times across the U.S.
        Thanks guys. It's great to see wiser individuals than me out there.
        A.C.Moisley

Comment

It's good to know that so many folks know a lot more about computer use than I do. Thanks.
          Rog
          '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
          Smithtown,NY
          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Ping Lark Parker! I can't do this like Dale does, but I'm working on the hypothesis that SDC has a secret mobile server on board a ghost ship Somewhere Near Pago Pago, and that it crosses and recrosses the Date Line to play the float with the CASO fuel bills.

Could just be the Antipodes thing, too: whenever it's summer in the States, a Strailuns will vote for winter, just out of sheer Yank-bashing. Is it night in the Midwest? Sure as blazes, it'll be daytime in W.A. Dry here, wet there, vice versa. I even heard they drove straight down the middle until right-hand became a US thing, and then they converted. And I'd like to meet the man big enough to tell Downunder to go on "Zulu" time. He's got his work cut out for him, he does.

Comment

Oh, comatus, you gave me a sentimental smile, you did. God Bless Lark Parker, as he continues to do better each day and will soon be back posting with us regularly. Until then, your last previous submission was well done.

Comment

Working...
              X