Is this for real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this for real?

Guy on ebay is asking $62k for a 1964 R2 GT Hawk. Says it is extremely rare because of its finned brake drums. Says it is in #1 condition (but then goes on to say it has a leaking rear seal and a bad door latch).

Is this for real? Is the car really worth that much? Or are the strains of "Dream, Dream, Dream" playing in the background?

Here is the link...

delusional dreamer

Originally posted by jeryst View Post
    Guy on ebay is asking $62k for a 1964 R2 GT Hawk. Says it is extremely rare because of its finned brake drums. Says it is in #1 condition (but then goes on to say it has a leaking rear seal and a bad door latch).

Is this for real? Is the car really worth that much? Or are the strains of "Dream, Dream, Dream" playing in the background?

Here is the link...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...item2a09d634b2
    There are scads of dreamers out there who want to sell their #2 & #3 cars for twice the 2008 value of a #1 car. I remember the seller of the 58 Packard wagon turning up his nose at a good bid last year, & now he wishes he had taken it instead of setting such a high reserve. I recently looked at a 37 Coupe Exp rod in decent driver shape which would have had no problem of bringing the asking price of $30K a couple of years ago, but will probably languish a while at that price now. With the plummeting dollar, one would think that foreign buyers would be cleaning up, but aparently there are just more cars on the market than buyers. The dollar is even sinking like a stone against the Phillipine peso!

Comment

He started out with it a $65,000 and is now claiming a "Reduced Price" at $62k. I see he has had 4 offers, all declined. The fact that it has not sold in over a week at auction answers your question on its value.
      Pat Dilling
      Olivehurst, CA
      Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Can't blame the seller for trying. Looks like a nice car and it has much of the right stuff. These cars would probably be bringing this money now had the economy not dropped off a cliff.

I always wonder too if sellers who don't need to sell ask these kinds of prices. I know a few people who have done things like this to show a spouse that they are trying to sell something. It only takes one buyer to make it worth that much. You may never know the motivation behind the listing.

Comment

Working...
        X