PDA

View Full Version : September 18th - 5th Annual "Midwest Studebaker Only Swap Meet"

Henry Votel
09-05-2010, 12:22 AM
Have Studebaker stuff to sell? - Want to buy Studebaker stuff?

Saturday, September 18, 2010 at the former JR Ranch at Hudson, WI. 8 am till 3 pm. Set up starts at 7 am Large area accommodates your truck, trailer, etc. Plenty of ground space. Some under BIG TENT space available for small items and paper vendors (first come basis on all spots) No reservations needed.

Looking for Studebaker parts? Have a few or a large quantity to sell or trade? Then this is the swap meet for you! Studebaker owners and vendors from all across the Midwest are invited to attend! NOTE: STUDEBAKER AND RELATED STUDEBAKER PARTS ONLY!

FREE SWAP SPACES-FREE ADMISSION-FUN LIVE AUCTION

NO RESERVATIONS NEEDED! ARRIVE EARLY TO ASSURE A SWAP SPOT!

See more details at the North Star Wheel web site: http://www.northstarwheel.com/studeswap.html

clonelark
09-05-2010, 03:45 AM
That was a very nice 53 coupe for sale in the video.

bob40
09-05-2010, 09:03 AM
Coupe was mine.Car was solid and complete.Couldnt get $1200 for it.It was at the swap and posted for sale here.Parted it out for over $2500.
I will be at the swap possibly with my CE on the trailer.

ST2DE5
09-05-2010, 03:23 PM
If there is a good rechromeable lower grill bar for a 56 Commander I might come up and get it.

Milaca
09-11-2010, 09:22 PM
Reminder, just one week away! Saturday the 18th. Anybody bringing GT Hawk parts to the swap meet?

Eugene
09-14-2010, 06:53 PM
Anybody have a left door in good shape with the glass in it for a 62 Daytona.
That thay are going to bring. I need the glass but will buy the hole door..
At caso price lol.

Gene.

Henry Votel
09-17-2010, 08:44 AM
Heads up. The weather is predicted as sunny and in the low 60's. Should be a good swap meet. Get there!

gohdes
09-17-2010, 01:10 PM
yup, forecast changed since last night, hopefully it will stay dry.

Bump for the afternoon, and maybe bump this again tonight for tomorrow!

bob40
09-17-2010, 03:27 PM
Bob Waitz is bringing a pair of 1950 coupe doors.These are in very good condition with a coat of primer.No glass or hardware.I have no idea what I will be tossing in the 'burban.

Eugene
09-17-2010, 03:41 PM
looking for a set of 65 66 lark motor mount to frame mounts v8 / 62 daytona dash pad red

Milaca
09-17-2010, 05:10 PM
Anybody got a good front batwing crossmember for a GT Hawk to bring to the show? I and forum member Hookedonstudies hope to be there around 10 am in my GT Hawk. See you guys there!

bob40
09-17-2010, 05:51 PM
Went out to a storage shed and loaded up some stuff.Shameless promotion list.
couple sets of 53-55 hardtop doors
53-5 V8 radiator
53-5 vent windows
nos dual exhaust pipes...no mufflers
misc.nos c/k body parts(small stuff like rear pan that fits under back of car)
bunch of 56 golden hawk stuff including the following:
complete dash
front/rear seats
door panels that have the arm rests and mylar
green headliner bow trim holders
radiator and shroud
chrome halo
some other misc stuff including a huge hefty garbage bag full of gasket sets.
Thats 75% of what I will have.
Some stuff is dirt cheap(like rust free but dingled doors)
other stuff is priced to where it can go away but I dont care if it doesnt
Much of it is priced at slightly above CASO but we can negotiate.
I am not bringing any of the 100+ pieces of 53-55 trim
I'll be leaving before Noon so get there early
Bring cash and we will see you there.
I'll be leaving before Noon so get there early

Henry Votel
09-17-2010, 06:46 PM
Hi All,

The swap spaces are all marked out, big tent is up again this year, gravel parking lot is improved this year, new operator of the restaurant will open about 11am, nice chairs and benches for those that need a break after shopping, couple of vendors in tonight, etc. Have a great time. Dress in something that will keep you warm Saturday. You can get in a bit earlier than 8am. I will miss it but will enjoy my 30th anniversary with Trish in the Lake City/Red Wing area. Thanks to the North Star Chapter and Badger Wheels Chapter guys that helped with the set up today.

Henry Votel
Forest Lake, MN

gohdes
09-17-2010, 09:45 PM
thanks Henry & the rest of the crew!
(bumpin' this for the evening)

bob40
09-18-2010, 04:24 PM
Great swap.Lots of vendors and lots of parts being bought.Someone will post pics.

aarrggh
09-18-2010, 04:33 PM
I searched that meet high and low , And did not see a single 38 Studebaker part . . . . Besides that it was good . . I liked the rusty hawk too . . . . ..

gohdes
09-18-2010, 05:19 PM
fun swap! nice day!
don't know who the owner was, but a guy had a sweet pickup there.
A couple of nice Daytona's in the background, a nice sliding roof white wagonaire by the Rassett's that was for sale by the way, and my trusty 2dr hardtop.

Milaca
09-18-2010, 08:56 PM
Thanks to everyone involved as it was a very good swap meet today and I conversated with many nice people. Pat (Hookedonstudies) and I arrived around 10 am in the Hawk and left around 2 pm I think (lost track of time, not sure when we left). We each bought some things including items from the auction (thanks to those that donated items for the auction). We then proceded northward to Taylors Falls, MN to the Frostop drive-in for a late lunch/early supper consisting of hamburger baskets and frosty mugs of rootbeer (bummer, they no longer give a 10% discount for driving a collector car?) Interesting side note, on the way to the Frostop, we passed a sweet looking white 1962 Lark 2-door sedan in St. Croix Falls, WI and then met up with each other at the stop light, where we briefly spoke. Didnt get his name, sorry.

In the first picture are some items that I purchased from Ed Bauer.

Rasset's 1963 Daytona Wagonaire for sale. They are selling to fund a 1958 Packard Hawk project.

One of the swap meet arrivals drove their 1955 hardtop.

I didnt do much photography, spent too much time talking. :)

Turbostude53
09-18-2010, 09:04 PM
I searched that meet high and low , And did not see a single 38 Studebaker part . . . . Besides that it was good . . I liked the rusty hawk too . . . . ..

There was a 38' Dictator hood, but alas, no 37' Dictator hinges....

HookedonStudies
09-18-2010, 09:41 PM
I didnt do much photography, spent too much time talking. :)

Truer words were never spoken! J/K Brent! I had a great time also.

I left home at 6 AM and arrived at Brent's straight up 8AM. We saddled up Brent's 63 GT Hawk and landed in Hudson at 10 AM. There were more vendors than the last time I was there (3 years ago), and it seemed that there was more "stuff" too. Brent introduced me to several forum regulars (Bob40, Ghodes, Eugene, Ed Bauer, and probably others). The Hudson Swap has turned into a great annual event, I'm looking forward to next year already.

If I can pull some pics off my camera - I will post them after a bit.

junior
09-19-2010, 01:50 PM
fun swap! nice day!
don't know who the owner was, but a guy had a sweet pickup there.

This guy needs to be credited with an awesome front bumper...anyone who needs modifies these R pick-ups should take note...front bumpers are a MUSTon these trucks, and stock bumpers just don't cut it...this truck's bumper works and so does Dusty's...very cool. Just my thoughts. Junior

pyrodork
09-19-2010, 11:07 PM
i missed it. what a day to have army duties, eh?

still looking for parts, though, for my 51 2 door champion.
- dash mount rearview mirror
- hood release pull and cable
- e-brake cables (front and rear)
- underseat heater and cover
- carb rebuild kit
- floor pans/rocker panels

that's all i can think of offhand.

bob40
09-20-2010, 05:48 AM
I may be parting out a '51 in a few weeks.I'll see whats left and let you know.

pyrodork
09-20-2010, 05:45 PM
I may be parting out a '51 in a few weeks.I'll see whats left and let you know.

awesome... and you're somewhat local, too.

just remembered i still need a trunk latch/emblem/liscense plate light assembly and glove box lock. oh, and the ivory turn signal and headlight knobs (but i'll take the headlight/heater knobs in chrome, too), windshield wiper knob... might need wheels, too, but i don't know yet.

edit: duh! i need a drivers side door window, too! need to get that plastic tarp off!

bob40
09-20-2010, 07:28 PM
Perhaps you need the whole car.I'll be looking at it this week(hopefully)

Milaca
09-20-2010, 08:12 PM

Hey Bob, you got any more rockers for a GT Hawk? :)

pyrodork
09-20-2010, 08:26 PM

as awesome as that would be, not only can i not afford it, but i have no place to put it. i'd like to get it driving before/during winter, but who knows?

oh, edsel has some wheels i'm going to buy, so i don't need those anymore. need seats/interior upholstery, too, but i think that's going to have to wait until next summer.