PDA

View Full Version : Branson meet

Dick Clemens
09-04-2010, 09:34 PM
Just got home from the Orphan car meet in Branson, MO. Great show with a lot of beautiful cars. Very proud of our chapter, with 20 members showing up. It was great seeing so many of the Forum people being there and seeing faces to go with the Forum names.

studedick from the lower Ozarks

52-fan
09-05-2010, 12:13 PM
Joe and I arrived back from Branson sunburned, but happy. I spent most of the day talking Studebakers with various people and did not even look that close at the cars. A highlight was getting to see 41 Frank's 1941 Champion with R power up close and meeting Frank. At one time we had a group of 10 people or so standing out in the sun while we talked.
I also got to spend some time talking with Dusty Taylor and looking at the album of pictures of the build for his 42 coupe. Dusty hopes to have the car at least drivable for the Springfield meet next year. The coupe is definitely different with some unique features. Dusty is a real craftsman and the car will be some eye candy for sure.
I was talking so much that I didn't take very many pictures, but here is proof that 41Frank and StudeDick were there.
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s186/52-fan/Branson%202010/S4010007-5.jpg

and Frank's car
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s186/52-fan/Branson%202010/S4010006-4.jpghttp://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s186/52-fan/Branson%202010/S4010005-7.jpg

dusty taylor
09-05-2010, 07:25 PM
Hi to everyone. We just got home from the Orphan Car Show and All Missouri Meet. We stayed around and looked at the Pontiac's today. There were also some of the Ozark Trails members still there, so we talked to them for awhile. We had a great time at the show, the weather was fantastic. Even though it wasn't very hot, we were glad we took our canopy. We had lots of visitors enjoy the shade, and just talking. We enjoyed visiting with all the Forum members that came by and talked about the car I'm building. Really appreciated all the nice compliments about my work on it. I enjoyed showing the album to everyone that was interested in my progress. I visited with 41 Frank and 52 Fan, Stude Dick of the Ozarks, Gerald Mcvey, and many others that I can't remember their names, but was very enjoyable talking with everyone. I took lots of pictures of 41Frank's car, always looking for good ideas. And I also want to Thank 41Frank for bringing this car, as he ask before the show which one I would like for him to bring.
I would also like to thank Ozark Trails Chapter for letting StudeSled (Brian Taylor) set up his display for his new company, 'Chrome It Now'. We/he appreciates everyone's interest/looking at his new chroming process.
There were very nice cars at this years show.
We have become friends with Lou and Janice, and Emma and Milt. Lou and Janice bought my father-in-law's '59 Lark, and I believe that he really likes the car. Emma and Milt bought my Dad's '63 Lark, and 64 T Cab 3/4 ton pickup, and they appreciated them also. If they had to leave the family, they went to good people.
Janet and Jim Dellinger are always a lot of fun. She's a nut. Janet, watch out for the Reindeer!!! Gary and Donna Sanders have become good friends also. I forgot to tell everyone to look under Gary's car, for his pumpkin muffler. The original shape should oval, it is kind of round like a pumpkin, from a serious backfire. Brian and our grand daughter were therealso, I think she came to swim later!!
I put my pictures on photo bucket, but I can't figure out how to move them to the forum. Brain isn't working. I will post pictures on this a few at a time.
We can't remember everyone's name that came to cool off, but we had a great time.
Thanks to Ozark Trails. Dusty

dusty taylor
09-05-2010, 08:00 PM
Here is the pic. Dusty

http://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk142/flamed58/orphan%20car%20show/

Flashback
09-05-2010, 08:25 PM
Thanks a lot for posting these !

Chris Pile
09-05-2010, 10:48 PM
Great pix - thanks!

Anne F. Goodman
09-06-2010, 01:01 AM
How many Studebakers were there? Looks like a great time

stude-sled
09-06-2010, 08:36 AM
There was about 100 cas at the show I do not know how many Studebakers.

41 Frank
09-06-2010, 08:50 AM
Anne, roughly 2/3 ths of the vehicles present were Studebakers. The rest were Kaisers, Hudsons, Packards, a Bantam, Corvair,Desoto, Metropolitan, Dodge Brothers, even a 58 Edsel that had a portable generator strapped to the trunk lid powering a window air conditioning unit! Even had a couple of the latest orphans, PONTIACS.

How many Studebakers were there? Looks like a great time

Charlie D
09-06-2010, 11:30 AM
It was awesome!! This was my first show I have attended and the friendliness of everyone was so neat. Carl & Betty Purdy had been telling me that the folks in the Ozark Trails club were real nice people and that proved to be true. Everyone was very willing to share information and point things out on their cars that I could use on mine that is currently off the frame.

I talked a lot with Mik Mikulan about his very nice ’55 President State Sedan. When I mentioned that one of my headlight rims had come back from the chrome shop like new but the other one could use a lot of help, he brought back to me the next morning the two headlight rims that had come off his car and GAVE them to me. What a blessing and generosity. I promptly took one to Brian Taylor to use his new chroming technique on. He will bring it to the Maple Leaf car show next month in Carthage.

To be able to meet some of the members that I had read about and see their very nice cars made my weekend. I had taken my camcorder which was so neat. It allowed me to capture not only the beautiful cars but some of their sounds also. It also kept me from having to take as many written notes. Of course, my wife, daughter and I did the shopping experience at the three main shopping malls in town. It is amazing how big a bag one can fill at the Black & Decker Clearance store for a twenty dollar bill.

Charlie D.