Check Out what showed up at our local car show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check Out what showed up at our local car show

Each year the local Hot Rod club has a Hot Rod and Classic car show on Labor Day Weekend. Normally it is a bunch of Hot Rods, Mustangs, Cameros and 55-57 Chevy's. This year a 33 Packard showed up. This thing was way nice. By far the classiest thing there.

Wayne
    "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic

Wow, Classy is right! Those wheels and tires are interesting, don't think I have seen wires done in white before. I like it.

Pat
    Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Just Gorgeous!!!
      -Matt

1963 GT Hawk
      1960 Metropolitan Convertible
      1972 AMC Javelin/ AMX
      1956 Cushman Eagle

Comment

It may have been the Classiest car there, but it had to also be one the most expensive! Really nice!
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Hi

Stands out in that group of cars like a Tiffany diamond in a box of costume jewelry!

Steve

Comment

All I can say is WOW

Comment

I think I have seen this car before. The radiator cap alone is probably worth more than some of the other cars present. Love those headlights.
              John Clary
              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

It;s a beauty.Bet it can cruise down the highway too.
                Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Really likes lights - dual spotlights and dual road lights that turn with the front wheels.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I love it when something different shows up....
                    50s cars, Muscle cars, pony cars, medium and big-buck street rods...yes, they're nice but it'a always a treat to see something unexpected.

It's a pity that so many nice cars of that vintage seem to be owned by older guys who don't take them out much.
                    63 Avanti R1 2788
                    1914 Stutz Bearcat
                    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

I got to talk to the owner a little. He only lives about 20 miles from me. I have been in this area for most of my life and I had never seen this car before. And I go to most of the local shows within an hour or so drive. So you are right. It was an odler guy and he doesn't take it out much.

I was quite suprised to find out that he drove it to the show. He opened the hood and you could tell it wasn't a trailer queen. There were a few leaks here and there and signs of the engine being hot and burning the paint.

I don't think I could enjoy a car like that because I would be scared to death to drive it on the road.
                      Wayne
                      "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic

Comment

Wonderful Packard, and nice pix. We have a Packard ('37 Six sedan) locally that is likewise owned by an older guy. However, he's a real stalwart of the cruise scene here; has the car out several times a week in the summer, usually arrives, parks, and stays in the car holding court! And when I say "older" I mean it. One of his buddies (a gent in his 60s who himself has a '38 Chev and a '34 Dodge and is a fixture on the cruise scene) told me that the Packard chap is 93.

Here's to Harvey and his Packard; and here's to the owner of this '33 phaeton too, for getting in it and driving it...

S.

Comment

Working...
                        X