Stude in a junkyard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stude in a junkyard

Spotted this today and took a few pictures.I asked what the price was but it was higher than $5.00 (which after my asking about the value of a 53-4 coupe is now my standard offer..we all know they are not worth much) and the yard owner declined.They crush 2-300 cars a month in this yard and were working their way back to the corner where this sat.This ones days are numbered.
    Mono mind in a stereo world

At least you had the thrill of finding a Studebaker in a salvage yard.
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Geez, a 58 Scotsman six with a TT rear axle? I wonder how often that happened.
      Last edited by Jim B PEI; 09-03-2010, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Could it be that in the snowbelt it was considered a good option for busting through the snow? Plowing was not as widespread and there wasnt the chemicals used like today.This yard was deep in the country and if the wagon was local it saw a fair amount of winter driving in snow covered or muddy gravel roads.Just a guess.

Comment

Is it unusual that this station wagon model is a two door. Seems like all I see are the 4 door variety other than the Lark style.

Mark

Comment

Made me look up production numbers,Bullet.
            Looks like the 58G-D1 2 door wagon was the highest produced vehicle that year.I used this site for info.Just scroll down.

Comment

That's a shame he would crush it rather than sell it for a fair price allowing someone to rebuild it.

Comment

If the yard owner can not get the current scrap price for it, I suppose nobody wanted it bad enough to save it.

Comment

Hi Bob.
                  Any contact details for the yard and location?
                  Thanks,
                  Tony
                  A.C.Moisley

Comment

I'll keep you posted.I upped my offer yesterday.
                    Now it's $5,a 12 pack of Mountain Dew and a box of Twinkies.
                    I think I got him leaning.I'm holding a case of PBR in reserve but that might be required to seal the deal.
                    I love the negotiating game.

Comment

Hey Bob,if you win it and are parting it out,I need the upper and lower tailgates and side glass for a 56 Commander wagon. Should be the same. I can throw in a case of Emu Bitter to seal the deal! Or a Tooheys or a Swan Gold or Carlton Mid or....well,I guess you get the plan. Maybe we can gang up on him and do some serious haggling...
                      Thanks,
                      Tony
                      A.C.Moisley

Comment

Working...
                      X