new to the studebaker family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to the studebaker family

just bought a 1925-EQ-duplex roadster: need some help with a couple of problems/parts and don't know where to turn. if someone will point me in the right direction for info and parts? the part's that i need are, speed-0-meter inner cable, and drive gear. the info i need: how to repair the shocks (?) there is a belt that runs from the drum to the front axle that is broken, have no idea how this comes apart.
    this car came from the estate of nollie hinton, in callahan, fla. would like to get some history on the car, i know it came from montana several years ago maybe from a gentleman whose name is darl synoground?
    thanks to bob edwards (sdc) member in jax. fla. for all of his help.
    b.j. cannon

The antique Studebaker Club specializes in pre-war cars. Most of the members are also members of S.D.C. There are reprinted manuals for many of the cars of that era along with parts catalogs. Those will be your best friends. You will find a lot of help at this site so be patient.

Another suggestion is get back issues of "Skinned Knuckles" magazine, put together by a Stude guy. This will help rebuild parts that are not available. Lots of fun to read too.
    Last edited by doug; 09-02-2010, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Bill Cannon founded the Antique Studebaker Club. Sounds like you should be a shoo-in.

Wish I had your answers but, joining the ASC, receiving the magazine ANTIQUE STUDEBAKER REVIEW and requesting the editor, Rick Peterson, to post your needs in the magazine will probably catch the attention of the largest number of people with the information you seek.
      Very few ASC members spend much time on this forum. Pitty.

You could also inquire on the Studebaker page of the AACA Forum.
      Last edited by rockne10; 09-02-2010, 06:07 PM.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

What a small world. And yes, Bob Edwards is a heck of a nice guy.

Follow Doug and Brad's advice and join the Antique Studebaker Club. You'll definitely be glad you did. They're a great bunch and the ASC Review magazine is worth the dues alone. And not to deter you from the SDC Forum here; but you will likely have better luck finding parts on the ASC Forum: http://forums.aaca.org/f126/

For your shock repair, send them out to Apple Hydraulics. http://www.applehydraulics.com/ These guys rebuilt the shocks on my buddy's '38 Commander and they work perfectly.

I've seen your car a couple of times when Nollie owned it. I'm glad to know that the '25 is in good hands, I certainly drooled over it numerous times. If I had a scanner I'd post a photo of it alongside a '38 Coupe Express that Nollie once owned. Also, I don't remember the specifics but Nollie thought the car might have been a factory experimental. Maybe you can research that further. Richard Quinn and Fred K. Fox would be the go-to guys on that topic.

I'd also highly recommend that you attend, hopefully with the car, the 33rd Annual SDC Florida State Meet. October 22-24, 2010 in Crawfordville, Florida, which is just a short drive south of Tallahassee. Registration form is here: http://georgiastudebaker.com/Florida...2010%20pdf.pdf

If you do attend the meet, I'd be more than happy to tell you more about the SDC and the ASC. I'll likely be driving the '38 Commander I mentioned earlier.
        Last edited by mbstude; 09-02-2010, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post

For your shock repair, send them out to Apple Hydraulics. http://www.applehydraulics.com/
          Agree!
          Those shocks are pretty much individually hand made and require the craftsmanship necessary to get them to maximum function.
          Brad Johnson,
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

For your shock repair, send them out to Apple Hydraulics. http://www.applehydraulics.com/ These guys rebuilt the shocks on my buddy's '38 Commander and they work perfectly.

Hey Matt are you aware that the "shocks" on the 25 are not hydraulic? They are Gabriel snubbers and are a spring loaded strap. Would Apple Hydraulics do something like that?

Terry

Comment

Originally posted by dictator27 View Post
              Hey Matt are you aware that the "shocks" on the 25 are not hydraulic? They are Gabriel snubbers and are a spring loaded strap. Would Apple Hydraulics do something like that?

Terry
              That I did not know. Since that's the case, disregard what I said.

Comment

We all learn each day.
                Back to my recommendation to solicit information from folks who know more than I.
                Brad Johnson,
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

That I did not know. Since that's the case, disregard what I said.
                  Done!

Terry

Comment

Working...
                  X