Still ANOTHER low miles '58 Commander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still ANOTHER low miles '58 Commander

In last Saturday's Martinsburg (WV) Journal a public auction advertised a sale of one person's car collection. The sale of 9 fully restored cars included what they listed as a "1968 Studebaker 4 Dr sedan Commander (teal color) with only 12,000 miles w/original title signed by Studebaker."
    I assume it is a '58 Commander from the description (not to mention there weren't any '68 Commanders).
    The sale is Sat, Sep 4, (5) miles north of Winchester, VA. Rt 11, at noon. Whitacre Bldg. at Frederick Co. Fairgrounds, Clearbrook, VA. Other cars are: 30 Model A, 66 Corvair, 40 Chevrolet, 66 Mustang, 70 Beetle Conv., 77 Pontiac Grand Prix, 72 Lincoln Continental, and a 78 Cadillac Eldorado Cars can be viewed on Friday, Sep 3.
    I'm not interested in the car, but I might slip over Friday and take a look if anyone is interested.
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Actually the car is a 1966 Commander 4 dr according to the auctionzip ad I had read. Maybe a typo in the Journal ad.

\'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
    \'64 Daytona HT

Comment

Originally posted by snowy_buffalo View Post
      Actually the car is a 1966 Commander 4 dr according to the auctionzip ad I had read. Maybe a typo in the Journal ad.

http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/au...ip=&category=0
      That makes sense. There was a very low miles '66 Commander on eBay recently from Stephens City, VA (just south of Winchester). It didn't get a bid with opener at $9,999.
      On the other hand, I'm not so sure about the auction zip listing either. I'd like to see a 1956 Corvair.
      Last edited by 53k; 09-01-2010, 11:03 AM.
      '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Anybody know what a '66 Mustang 2 dr. "SIGNED BY STUDEBAKER" is about??? I guess my question would be: WHY!

It's here:

Same site snowy_buffalo noted!
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          Anybody know what a '66 Mustang 2 dr. "SIGNED BY STUDEBAKER" is about??? I guess my question would be: WHY!

It's here:

Same site snowy_buffalo noted!
          The 289 engine that Studebaker sold to Ford was their signiture.

Comment

The auction ads were very poorly written. One of our members went to the auction Saturday. The Studebaker was a '66 Commander four-door, V-8, automatic. He believed it was indeed a 12,000-mile car though the paint wasn't original. He thought the car had suffered some right front body damage that had been repaired about 99% and that was why it had a repaint (of very high quality). The car sold for $7,000.

Comment

Working...
            X