PDA

View Full Version : First Shop Night

woodysrods
08-31-2010, 12:02 AM
Well Sandi had her first night in the shop working on her 61 Hawk. She agreed to help with the project, and instead of TV this winter we have opted to have Studebaker Shop nights. So tonight was the start of what I hope will be many fun filled nights in the shop. She learned how to use the beedblast cabinet, and got thru a good number of parts. Next I hope to teach her how to use the primer gun. Love to post picture after sandblasting as the gloves in my cabinet leak, thus she looked like a snowman when she was finished. But, watch out for her Hawk progress.
Good Roads
Brian
Might sneak a picture in tomorrow while she is at work??

JRoberts
08-31-2010, 08:06 AM
Sounds like good times indeed!

woodysrods
08-31-2010, 09:40 AM
3176Pictures of my girl.3175

woodysrods
08-31-2010, 09:43 AM
3178Sandi's Hawk.3177

woodysrods
08-31-2010, 09:47 AM
31803179Has to get worse before it can get better. Hope to get the body off today!

Welcome
08-31-2010, 09:53 AM
>>>
Might sneak a picture in tomorrow while she is at work??

You mean sneak a picture like this one???
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd257/GoldenHawk_photos/Body-off.jpg

Brian, a word of caution:
They can quickly go from “working” on the Hawk restoration to “supervising” it! Ask me how I know!!!:)

Pat Dilling
08-31-2010, 02:26 PM
Way to go Brian, make her earn it! It will be so much more appreciated that way! And good for her for getting out there and getting dirty with you. You might fix those gloves for her though, just to be nice.

Pat

woodysrods
08-31-2010, 02:30 PM
Thanks Pat Are yu goint to Bellingham?
Brian

BobGlasscock
08-31-2010, 06:09 PM
Why is there a four-letter F word on the tool board? :)

Looks like she is getting right in there and enjoying it. Wonderful.

rockne10
08-31-2010, 09:36 PM
You might fix those gloves for her though, just to be nice.

Pat
I agree. It's an easy fix. Keep her comfortable; keep her interested.

DEEPNHOCK
08-31-2010, 10:06 PM
Oh, How I love this thread.
It's anniversary material for the future....
(Ask me how I know:rolleyes:)
Jeff:cool:
PS: Good Show!

Bob Andrews
08-31-2010, 10:25 PM
Lucky guy, and a rare lady. My Linda used to hang in there all night when we needed to get the race car ready for a race or a show. One weekend we blew the engine Friday night, worked late getting a new engine in for Saturday, then wrecked hard Saturday. Linda kept the guys fed and ran after parts. Friday afternoon she made us all sleep for an hour while she went and picked up the engine. Got it home and on the picker before she woke us up. Saturday she waited in the Emergency Room and drove me home. Never one second of complaint. These days I hate to ask her into the garage, but she would do so anytime. Make the food, chase the parts, roll the tires, or help put the trans. in, she's game. No idea why she's wasted 25 years on this train wreck...

God Bless good women. Especially the Saints!:)

BRUCESTUDE
08-31-2010, 10:27 PM
Hopefully she'll realize you need a bunch of new tools, and maybe a fridge full o' beer!!!!!

DEEPNHOCK
08-31-2010, 10:33 PM
Linda is a sweetheart...
My wife would......................
(I'll stop here, for my own safety:rolleyes:)

Lucky guy, and a rare lady. My Linda used to hang in there all night when we needed to get the race car ready for a race or a show. One weekend we blew the engine Friday night, worked late getting a new engine in for Saturday, then wrecked hard Saturday. Linda kept the guys fed and ran after parts. Friday afternoon she made us all sleep for an hour while she went and picked up the engine. Got it home and on the picker before she woke us up. Saturday she waited in the Emergency Room and drove me home. Never one second of complaint. These days I hate to ask her into the garage, but she would do so anytime. Make the food, chase the parts, roll the tires, or help put the trans. in, she's game. No idea why she's wasted 25 years on this train wreck...

God Bless good women. Especially the Saints!:)

Pat Dilling
08-31-2010, 10:42 PM
Thanks Pat Are yu goint to Bellingham?
Brian

Not this year Brian. One of these years though.

woodysrods
08-31-2010, 10:58 PM
Sorry to hear Pat. I am looking forward to meeting you and seeing your car.
Good Roads
Brian

Bob Andrews
09-01-2010, 05:32 AM
Linda is a sweetheart...
My wife would......................
(I'll stop here, for my own safety:rolleyes:)

She's simply the best. I have too many friends that 'settled' way back when and are now reduced to making pot shots and snide comments about their women to their buddies. I contend that it's better to be alone than living in misery with someone you dislike/can't respect. I know, easier said than done once you've got a few years (and possessions) under the belt...

I've just about got Linda convinced to go to Springfield with me. Would be cool for her to see what all the hubbub is about, and meet a few more of my Stude friends. She's never met one she didn't like.

(Of course, she hasn't met ol' Deepnhock yet:):)) <GG>

Welcome
09-01-2010, 07:28 AM
>>>I contend that it's better to be alone than living in misery with someone you dislike/can't respect.<<<

Dear Abby Andrews,

Thank you for your wonderful advice about women.

Signed:

henpeckedinsouthbend

:D<G>

ozarkman
09-01-2010, 12:08 PM
She has to come to Springfield!! That way she can meet my Rose...Rose found and bought our first Stude and has spent many hours in and under it fixing stuff!

She's simply the best. I have too many friends that 'settled' way back when and are now reduced to making pot shots and snide comments about their women to their buddies. I contend that it's better to be alone than living in misery with someone you dislike/can't respect. I know, easier said than done once you've got a few years (and possessions) under the belt...

I've just about got Linda convinced to go to Springfield with me. Would be cool for her to see what all the hubbub is about, and meet a few more of my Stude friends. She's never met one she didn't like.

(Of course, she hasn't met ol' Deepnhock yet:):)) <GG>

Bob Andrews
09-01-2010, 03:06 PM
Dear Abby Andrews,

Thank you for your wonderful advice about women.

Signed:

henpeckedinsouthbend

:D<G>

<GGG>
Note that I said "contend"... that means I wouldn't know for sure. Might be I'm just missing out on something...

The Little Rascals had the 'He-Man Woman-Hater's Club', and I know I would not be able to be a member, so that's one downside of my way:D

Ozarkman- It will depend mostly on her work. I did offer to take her up on that big arch thing in Saint Lewie if she went......

Dick Clemens
09-01-2010, 05:22 PM
Bob tell her she'll get to meet my wife and I and that will be strange. This will be my better half's first international meet.

studedick from the lower Ozarks

jclary
09-01-2010, 06:03 PM
We are coming up on our 40th anniversary and you could probably count the times my wife has been in the "Man Cave" using your fingers and have a couple left over. Bless her heart, she has so many allergies that I have accused her of being allergic to fresh air. In addition, I have turned so many snakes loose in the man cave that I would hate for her to have a heart attack or worse kill me as she ran through me if she ever saw one. (I have never had a snake to chew a hole in a head liner or pee on a vital part making it dissolve away.)

However, I envy you guys who have someone to share the sweat, effort, and the results with. One thing I enjoy when I do come back in the house is having a wife that is a good cook and who can talk sports better than any man I have ever met. While she has no ability to envision how a piece of junk can become a beautiful restored car...she appreciates the results. Her turning a wrench would look about as natural as a butterfly pushing a grocery cart.

52-fan
09-02-2010, 09:22 AM
She has to come to Springfield!! That way she can meet my Rose...Rose found and bought our first Stude and has spent many hours in and under it fixing stuff!

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s186/52-fan/S4010010.jpg
Evidence of Rose getting her hands dirty.