NCSDC at Lowes Motor Speedway 4-14-07

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCSDC at Lowes Motor Speedway 4-14-07

12 Studebakers....4 new members.....Decent weather.....Good meeting.....LIFE IS GOOD ! [8D]

1961 Hawk 4BC,4-SPEED,TT

Lewisville,NC
    (formerly chevpartsman)
    1961 Hawk ...4-Speed;4bc;Twin Traction

Ken Byrd
    Lewisville,NC

Looks like a lotta fun. I wonder though, how you guys can ever successfully put on such a show, as every time I look at the national weather, it's always raining or snowing out there.

I take it that's your magnificent Hawk up there in the middle of that group, ehh?

Karl

1962 GT Hawk 4sp

Comment

Looks like a lotta fun. I wonder though, how you guys can ever successfully put on such a show, as every time I look at the national weather, it's always raining or snowing out there.

I take it that's your magnificent Hawk up there in the middle of that group, ehh?

Karl

1962 GT Hawk 4sp

Comment

Karl,
        It was calling for rain starting about 4 pm.........We took a shot ...got there early....and got "outa there" before it rained. I had a 90 mile drive to get home........And yes thats me up there in the middle. [8D]
        Ken

1961 Hawk 4BC,4-SPEED,TT

Lewisville,NC
        (formerly chevpartsman)

Ken Byrd
        Lewisville,NC

Comment

Karl,
          It was calling for rain starting about 4 pm.........We took a shot ...got there early....and got "outa there" before it rained. I had a 90 mile drive to get home........And yes thats me up there in the middle. [8D]
          Ken

1961 Hawk 4BC,4-SPEED,TT

Lewisville,NC
          (formerly chevpartsman)

Ken Byrd
          Lewisville,NC

Comment

Damn! I missed you guys! I was over in the very deserted "Red Field". [8] Friday and Saturday were GREAT days though, (weather-wise)! Bad weekend for selling anything though.....[V]

In fact, where were you guys parked? It MUST have been outside the infield.....

Sonny
            http://RacingStudebakers.com
            Sonny

Comment

Damn! I missed you guys! I was over in the very deserted "Red Field". [8] Friday and Saturday were GREAT days though, (weather-wise)! Bad weekend for selling anything though.....[V]

Sonny
              Sonny

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Sonny

Sonny
                Yeah........They put us just outside the 1st turn with the Vettes and Gran Sport Buicks.
                Wish You could have been there !
                1961 Hawk 4BC,4-SPEED,TT

Lewisville,NC
                (formerly chevpartsman)

Ken Byrd
                Lewisville,NC

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Sonny

Sonny
                  Yeah........They put us just outside the 1st turn with the Vettes and Gran Sport Buicks.
                  Wish You could have been there !
                  1961 Hawk 4BC,4-SPEED,TT

Lewisville,NC
                  (formerly chevpartsman)

Ken Byrd
                  Lewisville,NC

Comment

Saturday was a nice day alright. Not many Studebakers for sale. Saw a mediocre GT for $18k. Even with a 4spd it really did not look worth that kind of money. A '53 4dr Champion was also for sale. Not much else. Prices of stuff seemed down a bit, but then I wasn't looking for anything specific. Did find a 1961 NC Farm Truck license plate that had never been used for less than half of the cost of restoring the one I already had. It was good to see the North Carolina Chapter folks and their display.
                    Joe Roberts
                    Joe Roberts
                    '61 R1 Champ
                    '65 Cruiser
                    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Saturday was a nice day alright. Not many Studebakers for sale. Saw a mediocre GT for $18k. Even with a 4spd it really did not look worth that kind of money. A '53 4dr Champion was also for sale. Not much else. Prices of stuff seemed down a bit, but then I wasn't looking for anything specific. Did find a 1961 NC Farm Truck license plate that had never been used for less than half of the cost of restoring the one I already had. It was good to see the North Carolina Chapter folks and their display.
                      Joe Roberts
                      Joe Roberts
                      '61 R1 Champ
                      '65 Cruiser
                      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Working...
                      X