65K GT Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 65K GT Hawk

Apparently it's more valuable because it's not a a package car, nor has disk brakes.

JDP Maryland

Originally posted by JDP View Post
    Apparently it's more valuable because it's not a a package car, nor has disk brakes.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...item2a09d634b2
    If anyone wants a GT Hawk and has that kind of money, I've seen this car personally and the restoration and quality of the craftsman ship on it is 2nd to none ... and its cheaper.

sigpic
    John
    63R-2386
    Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

As I recall we had a long, thorough discussion of this car when it came up several months ago. No idea how to search for it though.
      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
      Romans 15:13
      Deuteronomy 31:6
      Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Well there you go! "It is one of only 10 or 15 equipped as it is, WITH Drum Brakes!"

That and the Non-package, make it more valuable, anyone knows that!

Yeah, RIGHT!
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I used to play pinochle with a fellow whose philosophy was "You never know what you can get away with until you try." I won't fault this fellow for trying. It has been my experience that something being rare or uncommon does not always correlate to it being more valuable. It's just like finding a Chevelle Super Sport 396 with a 3 speed manual transmission. They made damn few of them, and for good reason. Finding one today would not make it more valuable than a 4 speed car, in fact just the opposite. I guess he will find out one way or the other.
          Pat Dilling
          Olivehurst, CA
          Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

John,
            My first instinct was to jump on this thread because it was a '65 GT!
            My second instinct is to avoid any car that costs more than the value of my house.
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

After all these years I thought that Winnipeg was in Canada, but apparently it's located 2 hours SOUTH of the American border! Well you learn something new when you least expect it.
              Dean

CLEM

Comment

maybe that's 65K Canadian which is what like $1250.00 US?
                Muntant Lark...

Comment

He states how wonderful the Studebaker Drivers Club is but I do not see him listed in the SDC Roster.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

He's definitely in the roster.

Comment

Originally posted by muntantLark View Post
                      Muntant Lark...
                      Don't be making fun of the Canadian dollar, the US dollar isn't exactly doing too good these days with our $13,000,000,000,000 (Trillion) national debt.

And just so you know here's the current conversion...

Live rates at 2010.08.29 03:24:00 UTC: $CAD 65,000.00 = $US 61,857.63
                      sigpic
                      John
                      63R-2386
                      Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

Originally posted by muntantLark View Post
                        Muntant Lark...
                        Some people here are sensitive to the Canadian to United States dollar exchange rate. I know this because I got slammed here last week for making a similar joke.
                        sigpic
                        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Originally posted by monomaniac View Post
                          He's definitely in the roster.
                          You must hae a newer Roster. I checked the 2008-2009 Roster, figuring that he has had the Hawk longer than that, and did not see him listed. Did a newer Roster come out and is that where you found his name?
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

If he get a sale then it is time to sell my 64 full package R-2, mine has AM/FM and factory head rest, some people are just dreamers but good luck.
                            Candbstudebakers
                            Castro Valley,
                            California

Comment

Last time this car surfaced the guy had an infomercial about it on the 'net somewhere. It was a bit over the top, even had his father playing a role. As I recall it was mostly about him and his business, then about the car.

It seems at the time I got the feeling he grossly overpaid for the car and was going all out trying to recoup, as opposed to trying to make a huge profit. Don't recall exactly what gave me that feeling.
                              Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                              Romans 15:13
                              Deuteronomy 31:6
                              Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Working...
                              X