Computer question & help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer question & help needed

I have seen other questions about computers and thought maybe someone can help me with my "problem".
    I recently purchased a new Dell Inspiron desktop using windows seven home premium.
    For whatever reason, something is not right with this thing.
    I can send emails thru my MSN account & my hotmail accounts. I can also post here on the SDC forum.
    But when I go to either reply to a Craigslist ad or, place a ad on Craigslist, nothing happens.
    Someone told me that my Outlook Express setting is not turned on or connected.
    I have not found how to do that. And calling Dell doesn't help as they have told me that I don't have any "software support"
    So, has anyone had this issue before that can help me figure this out, please?
    Thanks in advance!!!!
    George King
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    64 Station Wagon with fixed roof (Canadian Car)

66 Station Wagon with fixed roof. Project car, complete For Sale...

64 Wagonaire sliding roof South Bend car. For Sale...

63 GT Hawk

51 Champion Starlight Coupe For Sale...

OSG

Go to the Microsoft Windows website and post your problem, I'll bet their FAQ"s solve your issue.

BUT!!! in the meantime, download Mozilla Firefox browser and use it. I'll bet you keep using it long after your IE issue is gone. That's from a Windows user since 3.1

Your issue with Dell is why I now buy Acer laptops, but that's no help now.

Bob

Comment

Outlook Express is outdated and is not even part of Windows 7. Resident email handler for Win7 is Windows Mail, which I don't like. I've been using Windows Live Mail (sounds same but isn't) for more than a year with zero complaints.

That said, the only reason you should be having this problem is because you do not have any particular program designated as your default email client. When you click on a CL ad, the code in the ad tells your computer to open its default email handler to compose a message. Since you don't have one, you get nada. Send me a PM if you're interested in setting up Windows Live Mail for this function. Otherwise, click on Windows Help and Support, type in "set default program" [without quote marks] and follow the directions. This screen will lead you to your Program Access and Computer Defaults settings, where you should designate whatever email client you're using as your default email client.

Clear as mud? PM me - we'll work it out.

FWIW BTW: sweetolbob's on the money as usual - the sooner you abandon M$ Internet Exploder in favor of Firefox the happier you're going to be.
      Last edited by JGK 940; 08-21-2010, 10:05 AM. Reason: clarity

Comment

JGK,
        I sent you an email..
        George King
        Grants Pass, Oregon
        64 Station Wagon with fixed roof (Canadian Car)

66 Station Wagon with fixed roof. Project car, complete For Sale...

64 Wagonaire sliding roof South Bend car. For Sale...

63 GT Hawk

51 Champion Starlight Coupe For Sale...

Comment

Originally posted by Orestudeguy View Post
          JGK,
          I sent you an email..
          Responded ;-)

Comment

Working...
          X