62 GT Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 62 GT Hawk

OK I joined the club, found a local not too far away and gonna join that too. I ordered the manuals and started working on my "Needs" part list. I am working on earning that credibilty. Can anyone give me a ball park isea on what I will be paying for front fenders, radiator, arm rest, grille? Gonna have to start saving my milk money!
    Jim

Look at this website for patch panels for those front fenders as they are the #1 source for Studebaker repair panels. http://www.classicent.com/
    If you feel that the fenders are beyond repair, you may need to pay $500 or more for a used fender plus shipping from the west coast. Browse the ads on Ebay as new & used parts for GT Hawks are listed there regularly. I paid over $600 for a New Old Stock grill surround for my '63 Hawk that a forum member had listed on Ebay, and I purchased a new grill mesh for it from SASCO (now owned by Studebaker International) for $75 (if I recall correctly). You may be able to find good used parts from members of your local Studebaker club chapter, such as a radiator. Good luck with it!

Update-Just found two 1962-64 Hawk radiators listed on Ebay from St. Louis MO.
    Last edited by Milaca; 08-20-2010, 12:37 PM.
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Thanks man...uh..I think I will look into the patch panels first since I am going to have to path the floors anyway. Thank you!
      Jim

Comment

Be careful on the radiators. At least, when I sell a radiator, I first take it to the radiator shop to see if it is good before I sell. A good used radiator goes for $300 $350. If you need to cord one it would cost $400 - 500. First, you have to ask your self, what's wrong with it. Did the guy take it to have it looked, hot tanks or what? I take 5 radiators down to the radiator shop and 4 out 5 is bad. Now, I am taking a 1963 Hawk down to the radiator shop to be tested. If the radiator is bad, it is sold to the scrap yard. If it is good, it goes on ebay or cl. Also, I plan on taking Hawk fender , door, fenders , extra chrome, air flow pans, and more to the zone meet in Bellingham. I plan on bring 1950 to 1951 stude parts. But most of all, I will bring my rebuilt antenna's. If you have any questions, let me know. Roy 530-320-6299
        Last edited by royvaldez; 08-20-2010, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X