Not going to make the IDYSD "AGAIN"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not going to make the IDYSD "AGAIN"

Had a doctors visit today, and due to back problems, I have been sidelined for two weeks.
    Have been working had to make this year's IDYSD. O well, maybe in two weeks I can resume
    work. I am beginning to get excited about driving a Studebaker every day again. I guess us
    old men have to realize our limits, and watch what we lift. Remember me tonight. Thanks.

Yes, back problems. A very familliar limitation. You'd be surprised what you can do, if very, very carefully.

By the by, what does I.D.Y.S.D. stand for?
    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Originally posted by studeclunker View Post
      Yes, back problems. A very familliar limitation. You'd be surprised what you can do, if very, very carefully.

By the by, what does I.D.Y.S.D. stand for?
      Intl. drive your studebaker day
      Chris Dresbach

Comment

Don't feel bad Tex, I doubt I'll be driving a Studebaker either! (Ironic, huh?) The best I can manage is driving my Ford truck with Studebaker lettering on the tailgate.

With the '59 pickup all apart and the '58 Commander currently not insured, I'm Studeless. I don't have the time nor funds to do anything with either Stude. The '58 will likely end up on ebay pretty soon as it's killing me to let it sit.

I regrettably haven't done much promoting for the event this year. If anyone wants to take over for next year and really make something out of it, let me know..
        Last edited by mbstude; 08-20-2010, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Our chapter has agonized about doing something for IDYSD on Sept. 4th. It's very difficult to arrange a tour or picnic on a holiday weekend. We're actually considering a tour out east on Long Island to visit a winery, a former Studebaker dealership building and have dinner together sometime in the middle of October.
          I still plan on driving my Stude on Sept. 4th, but not with my chapter.
          Maybe next year we can have IDYSD NOT on a holiday weekend.
          Rog
          '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
          Smithtown,NY
          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

I tried to choose a date that was convenient (regarding weather and seasons) for everyone around the world. Early September seemed to fit the bill just fine.

If anyone wants to take over and pick a date for next year that will satisfy everyone in the SDC, be my guest.

Comment

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I received my IDYSD t-shirt in the mail today (Friday.) I called bondobilly on Tuesday and placed my order. How's that for customer service? Thanks, Bill. I enjoyed chatting with you.

How about it -- have you ordered yours? Time's getting close.

I'll be wearing mine at the OH Region Chapter's Summit Meet (Summit Racing near Akron Ohio) on the the 28th. BTW the Keystone Region Chapter's Raffle Car ('82 Avanti II) will be there and tickets may be purchased. I picked it up on Wednesday and it's a great ride. Details are on Keystone's web site. Only 4000 tickets will be sold, and all of them were gone before the York Swap Meet last year. Get them while they last.

JWW

Comment

Working...
              X