Got the front fenders on the 52 today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the front fenders on the 52 today

I installed the front fenders on my 52 Commander today. When I bought the car, the right front fender was crinkled so I bought one at Reedsville and put it on. I was going to take it out of the garage but the battery was dead.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Looks Good! Some day I will do a '52,that's the year I was born.For a few months I had a 52 2dr Commander Hardtop,but it was just too far gone to consider restoring.

LaSalle,Il
    61Hawk
    Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Looks Good! Some day I will do a '52,that's the year I was born.For a few months I had a 52 2dr Commander Hardtop,but it was just too far gone to consider restoring.

LaSalle,Il
      61Hawk
      Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Good looking car! Nice looking engine, I like the loooong by-pass water hose! Floor lift.....drool..........[]

Randy Wakefield
        1955 President

Comment

Good looking car! Nice looking engine, I like the loooong by-pass water hose! Floor lift.....drool..........[]

Randy Wakefield
          1955 President

Comment

quote: I like the loooong by-pass water hose!
            I got the heater hose long enough to get to the heater control valve, but then I realized that the 52 hose is 5/8 and the 64 hose is 3/4, so I will have to reduce it down.

Comment

quote: I like the loooong by-pass water hose!
              I got the heater hose long enough to get to the heater control valve, but then I realized that the 52 hose is 5/8 and the 64 hose is 3/4, so I will have to reduce it down.

Comment

Looking good Leonard, what color you going with?

Randy_G
                1959 Lark Sedan
                This website is for sale! automotivehistoryonline.com is your first and best source for information about automotivehistoryonline. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!

Comment

Looking good Leonard, what color you going with?

Randy_G
                  1959 Lark Sedan
                  This website is for sale! automotivehistoryonline.com is your first and best source for information about automotivehistoryonline. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!

Comment

quote: Looking good Leonard, what color you going with?
                    I am going to go with the original color, but it probably won't be painted for at least a year from now as I am giving all my paint money, (and more) to the IRS today.

I took the gas filler door to an auto paint store and they matched the back of the door that hadn't faded. It is not quite a perfect match, but it is close. In the picture below, you can see where I painted the inner fender with the new paint and the firewall has the original paint on it.

Comment

quote: Looking good Leonard, what color you going with?
                      I am going to go with the original color, but it probably won't be painted for at least a year from now as I am giving all my paint money, (and more) to the IRS today.

I took the gas filler door to an auto paint store and they matched the back of the door that hadn't faded. It is not quite a perfect match, but it is close. In the picture below, you can see where I painted the inner fender with the new paint and the firewall has the original paint on it.

Comment

Go Leonard Go! I had the same heater hose situation with my '55; just go to your FLAPS and get two 5/8" nipples and put 'em into your water manifold, then you can hook up just like original.

good luck

nate

--
                        55 Commander Starlight
                        --
                        55 Commander Starlight
                        http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

Go Leonard Go! I had the same heater hose situation with my '55; just go to your FLAPS and get two 5/8" nipples and put 'em into your water manifold, then you can hook up just like original.

good luck

nate

--
                          55 Commander Starlight
                          --
                          55 Commander Starlight
                          http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

Looks PROMISING Leonard! []

Miscreant adrift in
                            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                            1960 Larkvertible V8
                            1958 Provincial wagon
                            1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Looks PROMISING Leonard! []

Miscreant adrift in
                              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                              1960 Larkvertible V8
                              1958 Provincial wagon
                              1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
                              X