AC 2193 Climatizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC 2193 Climatizer

I may be just stirring up trouble, but I think some people llike to see that this old stuff exists. While I have been digging in the garage I decided to rebox a Climatizer kit that I bought years ago. I am amazed at how complete the kit was. All of the necessary components are there plus the hoses, seals, caulking (probably no good now) screws, bolts, clamps, wires, switch, etc. The box had disintegrated, but the contents look really good. The only real casualty was the instruction sheet which is so brittle that some pieces have disappeared. The instruction card is still intact although it is faded. I noticed that the heater hoses are just plain with no manufactures name or markings.

"In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

WOW!
    Steel vent ducts! How long since we've seen those?
    Assume AC-2193 is 12-volt?
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Did the Climatizer sticker come on that blower? I wondered where that sticker went! I've seen it placed elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
        WOW!
        Steel vent ducts! How long since we've seen those?
        Assume AC-2193 is 12-volt?
        Just since the last time you were under a WESTERN Car! I think that was last week for me!

If it is for 52-fan's '52 probably not 12 volt.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

6 volt. According to my parts book this number was 52 only although I can't imagine the 51 piece being much different. Of course, individual pieces like the motor would fit others. The climatizer decal was in place from the factory. This came out of a dealer's stock in south Arkansas in 1979. I passed on the 2 1953 versions he had.
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

If it fits a 51 Commander,just post it to me in Australia and I promise not to on sell it and make a huge profit. I'll look after it and cherish it like a new born baby and lovingly fit it to my car.
            A.C.Moisley

Comment

What possible purpose could you have for a climatizer in Australia? If you don't own a snow shovel, you shouldn't need a heater in your car!
              John
              1950 Champion
              W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
              Holdrege NE

Comment

Good one John.
                We're actually nudists and drive around at night ( and day) in our nuddy pants.We reealllyyy need that heater!!!
                Actually ,the idea of Australia being a warm dry country is a MYTH.We can really freeze our butts off in winter,but sadly,we never see snow where I am.we can actually get ice on our cars for a few weeks,but I shouldn't whinge as I've seen some of the sheds in the U.S. covered inside with that expandable foam and complete with pot bellied stove,so I relent.Your needs are greater than mine.Hmmm...I wonder if a mud shovel would qualify...
                I still want it....because it's NICE!
                A.C.Moisley

Comment

Restored a '42 Commander and that same sticker was on the cover of the round underseat unit.

Comment

Working...
                  X