Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weatherstrip - 63 Lark HT - question/available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weatherstrip - 63 Lark HT - question/available?

1. - according to the body parts catalog, there are part numbers 1353732 & 1353733. These are the seals, right and left, above the door windows (on the body). I ordered a weatherstrip kit form SI and these were neither listed nor included. Are they available? Or is there a seal that can be used that is available?

2. - is the seal that is on the fender, at the front of the door, able to be put on with the door on the car - or do I need to remove the door?

Thanks in advance,

--george
    1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175

No one has any advice here? I can't imagine that a 63 HT has been restored without this upper window seal. Help?

--george
    Last edited by Bredehoft; 08-16-2010, 01:27 PM. Reason: typo
    1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175

Comment

I have them NOS for 1962-1964 Hawk hardtops (I know, redundant), but they are different part numbers than you list for a Lark hardtop. I have owned both types of cars, but I can not visualize the difference in the seals.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I am pretty sure most restored '63 H/T's have the ORIGINAL seal on them, except for a few that were done a long enough time ago to have Studebaker Corp. SASCO, Newman & Altman or the newer SASCO NOS parts installed.

The barrel is dry, except for those who have collected them years ago, and have them stashed in the bedroom closet for some-day! Lol!
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
        X