59 Hawk Project Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 59 Hawk Project Available

A good friend of mine who's been into studebakers a long time (his first new car was a '54 chevy, which he hated, so he traded for a new '56 president classic) is lightening the load, so is interested in passing along a project he started some years ago. It is a black 59 hawk w/ automatic. He knew the guy who bought it new & actually owned the car for a while in 1972. He sold it to someone who didn't take care of it & the typical rust took over. He thinks the car had 58,000 on it when he got it back.

Charlie re-aquired the car several years ago & started the restoration. He bought a parts car & it goes with the deal. Most all of the floor, door, & other rust has been repaired with new metal. the front fenders are either NOS, or really good originals (I don't remember). The radiator was re-cored too. The car is apart right now, but both it & the parts car have been in indoor storage ever since he started on them. The black (good) car is an automatic & the parts car was an O.D. car (no motor or trans in the parts car).

He's asking $2,000 for the pair. If anyone's interested, let me know & I'll forward his contact info.
    Mike Sal
Working...
X