What a gorgeous 48 Convertible!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a gorgeous 48 Convertible!

Breathtaking in that color. Is it stock?

http://www.highwayone.com/cgi-bin/in...d=14006&header=
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

No, I don't think red was offered that year. May I nit-pick? Other non-stock items: Commander hood badge, missing gravel guards...

But a wonderful car.
    Last edited by kurtruk; 08-11-2010, 03:21 PM.
    KURTRUK
    (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Bob, you're right. It's a gorgeous car. I don't care if the color's not original. It should have been.
      Rog
      '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
      Smithtown,NY
      Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

That car is so close to Studebakers West in Redwood City I wonder if they have worked on it in the past? if interested in it call them first, 650-366-8787
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

Resale Red?

Originally posted by raprice View Post
          Bob, you're right. It's a gorgeous car. I don't care if the color's not original. It should have been.Rog
          RESALE RED? Wasn't it available on every U.S. Car made, on every Used Car Lot in America?

The deeper Reds that Studebaker used were not nearly as BORING!
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

'Sure is a good reason to belong to SDC.

They are asking $29,500 for that '48. Compare it with the one offered on Page 48 of the July 2010 Turning Wheels for $18,500.

Forum member Bill Pressler's brother-in-law bought the '49 in Turning Wheels and is pleased with his purchase; found it to be "as advertised."

It pays to belong to The Studebaker Drivers Club.
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
            X