• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye candy!!

The Prager mobile. Hot 62!

That is one "Sweet" ride....

Comment

This was at the Eddy street commons show this past weekend. That is one awesome car, and an equially awesome one behind it!
      Chris Dresbach

Comment

I think I like the Prager better. Looks like a factory hotrod with the side trim. Nice two door Larks can use a little bit of trim to enhance the lines. Thats enough, more is too much, less is less.

Comment

Ooooooo...

Saw that car (and chatted with its owner) at SB in May. Was very smitten with the car; I wonder why? :-)

S.

Comment

My favorite 62!
            Orlando FLA

Comment

Nice color.
              Rog
              '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
              Smithtown,NY
              Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

SCHAWEET!

Thanks Rich, and welcome back. Missed you.
                Last edited by JGK 940; 08-10-2010, 05:51 PM. Reason: splling

Comment

Beautiful. Looks muscular. Proves once again that Larks look much better stock or slightly higher than they do lowered- more athletic. Only exception may be Kevin's ChopStu; but then we haven't seen it finished yet
                  Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                  Romans 15:13
                  Deuteronomy 31:6
                  Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Thanks for the kind words guys! A big thanks to the Champ also!! There is some of his blood and sweat in the car as well as mine.. Thanks bud!!!

Comment

Prager and Riches cars are fine examples of Tuff (sic) Larks, we who own em' have probably been sneered at or have heard a chuckle behind our backs, by those who ask why would you? But with the right appointments these cars command a 360 look from the ney sayers. Hat's off to both cars.

Bob, no pressure there ok......... I knew all too well when I started down the path of ChopStu that it would be scruitinized and looked over with a fine tooth and comb. I can only hope to be included in this group one day.

But one goal that has kept me on track and grounded.......build to a high quality...... and finish a Lark example that's not mainstream to show how the WHY? can be. Follow?
                      Last edited by 4961Studebaker; 08-10-2010, 01:28 PM.
                      61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Keb, yours works too, you just are going with a different theme. Can not wait to see yours done too!

Prager, what engine are you running? I hope it's a Stude so you can tell me what springs you've got to give it that stance! I want my 62 Daytona R2 to sit just like that
                        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Bob, sorry..not a stude engine..355 chevy...aluminum heads..pretty light weight..using stude v8 springs..sits up pretty nice...Hope this helps...but I don't think it's exactally what you wanted to hear..

Comment

Hey don't get me wrong, lifelong GM lover here! I was hoping Stude for weight purposes- if you had a Stude 8 I'd know just to copy your setup But believe me, Chevy's jes' fine with me!

It's a real sharp car. That picture is now my computer's wallpaper
                            Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Bob, glad to hear somebody out there is ok with it..I'm used to getting crap from most sides.. Not to open an old can of worms...but...no one knows what powers what unless, you ask, or get a good look under the hood. I guess my point on that is..I wanted to save an old Stude..and I did..I drive it around and everybody who sees it sees only that it is a Studebaker auto..not what powers it..so in essence who cares what drives it...as long as it drives.. as far as the spring thing goes..I don't know what to think, as the weights of the engines vary greatly between make, and accomidations, like top side aluminum, block size, etc....To be truthful I got lucky..I had both 6cyl and 8 cyl Stude springs to use..I ran with the v8's on a hunch and droped the engine in and you see what I ended up with..I like it....And it handles pretty good too. It almost reminds me of the 50's gasser look ...a little anyway...Finishing this car to this point has been a 5 year job..it was worth the wait..tons of fun...I just wish I would have known Rich..(champtrucking) earlier, as he really lit the fire to get it done after we met. I have to say I likely would not have had it done yet if not for him..A true friend...And a great Stude wrench!

Comment

Working...
                              X