Hawk Center Console

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawk Center Console

Will a center console frome a 62 - 64 "GT" Hawk fit between the buckets of my 61 4-speed Hawk? Was a console offered in 61? If the GT will fit does anyone have one reasonable?

Jon Kammer

Jon, I don't really like being so negative but...NO, NO and probably not easy to find in usable condition, and not cheap.

The '62 to '66 Larks, Lark Types and Hawks all use narrower Seats with a Console, your '61 seats are supposed to almost touch each other because they are wider, NOTHING is going to go between them.

You will need to locate some Lark/Hawk seats and the correct center tunnel mounting bracket for a Hawk which IS different than Lark to install '62 and later Seats with a Hawk Console.

When you get it the way you like it, the car will be devalued for it, if a sale in the near future is not a possibility, go for it!

Exactly WHERE would you put it?
    Last edited by StudeRich; 08-09-2010, 05:05 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Rich,

Good point on the "where would it fit", and if the seats for a GT are not a direct bolt in I am not interested in making the swap. I am modifying my 61 but only in ways that are a bolt in Stude swap.

Thanx for the advice,

JK

Comment

The seats are a bolt in swap just need the right parts , seat, support bracket, and console, they are out there , I have them but they are in California.
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

I have a extra hawk console that needs some work.I have mine installed in a 62 Champ pickup with Toyota bucket seats.
          Send me a message if intrested.

Comment

Working...
          X