Fun Forensics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun Forensics

I just picked up an old field car last night. It might have parts I wanted sooooo...
    I looked it over this morning and noticed the streamer says 63S Y4. It has a V8. 2 bolt valve covers, no breathers and a spin on full flow oil filter. It is a late 62 full flow engine. V563537. I will get pics later. I am hoping it has the overdrive trans which is what I wanted out of it.
    Rob

Originally posted by mapman View Post
    I just picked up an old field car last night. It might have parts I wanted sooooo...
    I looked it over this morning and noticed the streamer says 63S Y4. It has a V8. 2 bolt valve covers, no breathers and a spin on full flow oil filter. It is a late 62 full flow engine. V563537. I will get pics later. I am hoping it has the overdrive trans which is what I wanted out of it.
    Rob
    My understanding is that the breathers were moved to the valve covers at the same time that the FF filter was added, so I'm guessing that your engine simply has the wrong valve covers on it.

nate
    --
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

63S Y4 Would have had an O'head six, not an eight. Its by no means the original engine.

Hope you get your OD.

Comment

63S Y4 would be on the body tag. The car probably does not have a true streamer tag (like for four speed or Skytop).
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
          The car probably does not have a true streamer tag (like for four speed or Skytop).
          If it's a Hamilton-built car.......won't the body tags look like the 'streamers'??
          Paul
          Winston-Salem, NC
          Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
          Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Here are the pics of the 63 I brought home.

This is the first time I've posted to the new forum. Do I still need to go through photobucket?
            Last edited by mapman; 08-07-2010, 09:18 AM. Reason: Photos not working

Comment

Originally posted by r1lark View Post
              If it's a Hamilton-built car.......won't the body tags look like the 'streamers'??
              Yes, they will look like it, but they will still be just the body tag information, not the special information provided on the additional streamer tags that were attached to the normal body tags.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
              X