Coffee and Cars this Saturday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee and Cars this Saturday!

To anybody in the South Bend area, this Saturday there will be a "Coffee and Cars" car show this Saturday near Notre Dame being put together by the Michiana chapter SDC. Here's what the newsletter has to say:

Coffee and Cars

"Our car show at the Eddy Street Commons is this Saturday. The show will last from 9am-2pm. Eddy Street Commons is located on the south side of the Notre Dame campus and the show will take place right on the street. Please come and join, the weather is supposed to be nice! This is an open car show but we will be parking all out Studebakers together along the closed street. There will be dash plaques, giveaways, discounts, and of course places to eat. Please bring yourself and your car and show off your Studebaker!"

And to quote James Maxey: "Coffee and cars, two of my favorite things!"

Hope to see some of you there!
    Chris Dresbach

I would love to be there but I have been volunteered to operate the Kiddie games for an American Legion Picnic.

One of these times I will be able to make it.

Comment

James and I will not be there. We are takeing a 26 Studebaker for the Studebaker National Museum to St. Joseph, Michigan foe the Krasl Art Center Concours. We have done this show for several years. There are 85 carsand 4 motor cycle by invite only. They feed us a great breakfast. It is on a bluff overlooking Lake Michigan with a lot of shade. Jim

Comment

Show's this morning, hope to see some of you there!
        Chris Dresbach

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach View Post
          Show's this morning, hope to see some of you there!
          Remember to bring a camera and take some pics Chris ...
          sigpic
          John
          63R-2386
          Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

I went and what a great turn out.I had great time talking studebakers. GENE

Comment

The show went great and I had my car there. I think there were 62-65 cars in all. I had some free iced tea, drooled over some studebakers, and this was the sight:

(Not sure if that's a good thing...)
              Chris Dresbach

Comment

Chris,

Does that License plate on your Champion say "In God we trust" and then in small print on the license frame "It's a good thing when you drive a Studebaker without brakes !
                sigpic
                John
                63R-2386
                Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

Chris,
                  Now that's a lot of patina!
                  One of these days I'll need to sell you a Rockne.

Wait!...
                  There's a drivable one for sale as we speak; in Horseheads, NY.

Brad Johnson,
                  SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                  '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Can't be there because of two teen daughters and their band/school activities, but hats off to the Chapter for coming up with some great activities lately. Hope to make more of them in the future!

Comment

Working...
                    X