Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye cabbage: Big Diesel

Chris Dresbach

Not a toter is it? Awful short wheel base there.....
    Dylan Wills
    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
    1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
    1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
    1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Originally posted by silverhawk View Post
      Not a toter is it? Awful short wheel base there.....
      By the looks of it, I think it is just a regular semi tractor. Could be wrong, I don't have a shot of the rear of it.
      Chris Dresbach

Comment

Fix your computer . . . . !

Comment

I can see a fifth wheel on the rear of the truck, so it has to be a semi tractor. Bud

Comment

Okay, come on guys, tell me where this one is.

Comment

That is a single axle tractor that has sat in that spot since the mid 1970's. It is located along what I think is one of the most beautiful stretches of valley roads (Hwy. 64) in western North Carolina in what I have called "cane creek valley" (correct or not?) between Rutherfordton, N.C. and Morganton, N.C. At one time there was a Gray Avanti sitting in the same yard. I stopped and talked to the guy that owned it and he was not very friendly. I have not been through there for several years. The last time I went through, the weeds and overgrowth was so dense I could not tell if the truck was still there. The Avanti has not been there for many years. If you are traveling toward Morganton, the location is near the north end of the valley just before a sweeping curve and where the road intersects with the overpass of highway 226. Watching that truck slowly waste away into the underbrush has haunted me for years.
              John Clary
              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I believe that rig is still there but not 100% sure . . . pic is about 3 months old says one of my friends . . .

Comment

Working...
                X