need some info.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some info.

I found a motor and trans for my `50 starlite. It is out of a `51 champion 4 dr. sedan. I noticed that the motor mounts are different and I believe the oil pan is also different. My starlite had no motor or bell housing, so I can`t compare them together. What will I have to do so this motor and trans will fit in my starlite?
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Rob View Post
    I found a motor and trans for my `50 starlite. It is out of a `51 champion 4 dr. sedan. I noticed that the motor mounts are different and I believe the oil pan is also different. My starlite had no motor or bell housing, so I can`t compare them together. What will I have to do so this motor and trans will fit in my starlite?
    Swap the pan and the oil pump pickup.
    JDP Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
      Many years ago I swapped a '51 Champion engine for the worn out engine in my '50 Champion. I did have to swap the oil pans, but I don't remember any other problems.
      Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
      '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

On the `51 motor the motor mounts are set up like they are on my`51 commander V-8. I`m not sure but isn`t the motor mount on the 6 cyl. on the bottom of the cam gear cover.

Comment

here is a pic of the motor mount on the frames

I am wanting to put the `51 motor in the `50. I know the oil pan is different I just need to know about the front mount.
          Attached Files

Comment

You can put a '51 Engine in a '50 by adding the center mount to the Timing gear Cover, but I don't think you can put a '50 in a '51 because there are no side engine mount pads and bolt holes in the block for the Mount Brackets.
            Unless you can fabricate a mounting place on the crossmember for the '50 Center Mount, if there is room to do that.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks StudeRich. so now I need to find The center mount for the timing cover and a oil pan and the oil pump pick up and I will be good to go.

One more question, Is the `51 Transmission mount different

Comment

Working...
              X