Cool Auto Quiz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool Auto Quiz

Here is a cool auto quiz. One of these questions is a gimme....

Interesting!

Some questions you have to guess; I mean: In what year were cup holders introduced in the United States? C'mon; cars in the fifties and even earlier had those little depressions in the glove box door and if they weren't to hold cups, what were they for? (Yes, I missed that one.)

And how many cars were registered in a given calendar year? That might be auto-related trivia, but it's not auto trivia. Ditto how many meals the average American eats in their car every year. (No sour grapes; I got both of those right, but they were lucky guesses.)

Nonetheless, a fun quiz. I'll confess to getting 90%. [:0] Chances are, you won't get very high without some lucky guesses! At least it is multiple-choice, so you've got a 25% chance on every question.

(Right, Chuck: Anybody that misses #23, though, had better go back to Studebaker School!) BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Interesting!

Some questions you have to guess; I mean: In what year were cup holders introduced in the United States? C'mon; cars in the fifties and even earlier had those little depressions in the glove box door and if they weren't to hold cups, what were they for? (Yes, I missed that one.)

And how many cars were registered in a given calendar year? That might be auto-related trivia, but it's not auto trivia. Ditto how many meals the average American eats in their car every year. (No sour grapes; I got both of those right, but they were lucky guesses.)

Nonetheless, a fun quiz. I'll confess to getting 90%. [:0] Chances are, you won't get very high without some lucky guesses! At least it is multiple-choice, so you've got a 25% chance on every question.

(Right, Chuck: Anybody that misses #23, though, had better go back to Studebaker School!) BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Well, everyone here ought to get at least one correct! A great quiz! I thought I'd do better, but 87% is better than most people.
        Joe (Gee, Mom what's wrong with a 'B' ?) Roberts
        Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser
        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Well, everyone here ought to get at least one correct! A great quiz! I thought I'd do better, but 87% is better than most people.
          Joe (Gee, Mom what's wrong with a 'B' ?) Roberts
          Joe Roberts
          '61 R1 Champ
          '65 Cruiser
          Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

[)]80% here.[)]

steve blake

steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup
            http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt

Comment

[)]80% here.[)]

steve blake

steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup
              http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt

Comment

did you notice the studebaker question isnt correct? the avanti pictured is an avanti II. not built by studebaker.
                i pulled down an 80%.
                darn cup holders and who ever heard of BMW?

Erin Hays
                1961 Hawk
                1962 Lark
                1963 Wagonaire

Comment

did you notice the studebaker question isnt correct? the avanti pictured is an avanti II. not built by studebaker.
                  i pulled down an 80%.
                  darn cup holders and who ever heard of BMW?

Erin Hays
                  1961 Hawk
                  1962 Lark
                  1963 Wagonaire

Comment

Well, I guessed Studebaker on that one, since Newman and Altman weren't listed. I just got a 70.... I guess I need to go to South Bend again for an extended tutorial....... Chuck

Comment

Well, I guessed Studebaker on that one, since Newman and Altman weren't listed. I just got a 70.... I guess I need to go to South Bend again for an extended tutorial....... Chuck

Comment

I quit after about the 8th question. Got tired of all that jumping around.

Dwain G.
                        Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

I quit after about the 8th question. Got tired of all that jumping around.

Dwain G.
                          Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

83%. I missed the cup holders, the VW Microbus, national emissions, the amount of cars on the highway and one other one.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't seat belts manditory starting in 1965?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                            1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

83%. I missed the cup holders, the VW Microbus, national emissions, the amount of cars on the highway and one other one.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't seat belts manditory starting in 1965?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                              1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Working...
                              X